My new RB-75's

kohill

Kevin, your two MC250s are pristine! They remind me so much of my near-mint MC250...what an excellent amplifier it was given its age! Once my debts are finally settled, I just may look into buying another one someday (and actually holding on to it this time)!

Reminds me back in '01 when my younger brother borrowed mine and bought a restored MC250 for himself (and I borrowed his beautiful MC2100 in the meantime)...he bridged each MC250 to mono which drove each of his AE Aegis Two towers. It was stunning to say the least...then he went to tubes and completely changed his system around. But as far as I'm concerned, those early SS Mac amps (when restored) still sound damn good today.

post-11084-13819438075656_thumb.jpg

Sorry I can't help you out with the Macs, Kevin. I had to pawn off my MC250 years ago when I was laid off the first time. And it was just after I sold mine that my bro sold both his MC250 and MC2100 to finance his tube amp fix. IIRC, his MC2100 had also driven a pair of KG 3.2s and later KG 3.5s with excellent results. Klipsch and McIntosh seem to be a great combination no matter what models one chooses.

It's neat to hear the speaker's history.

So, are you going to build a regular RF-7 or are you doing a custom horizontal build for the center? I've thought about getting another pair of RF-7s for the rear on my setup, too, but I would want to keep everything Cherry.

So, are you going to build a regular RF-7 or are you doing a custom horizontal build for the center? I've thought about getting another pair of RF-7s for the rear on my setup, too, but I would want to keep everything Cherry.

I have a RC-3 center for now. I would like a RC-7 one day.

• 1 year later...