Bi amp opinions for CF-3

hillbilly

Anybody know what the crossover point is on CF-3's? I was thinking about an active crossover and 2 amps but I want to see what you guys think. Right now I have a Carver pro amp running them, which would be too powerful to just run the woofers so I am looking at 2 new amps (not necessarily "new").

Otherwise, does anybody have any of the little bars that connect the high and low posts for the aforementioned speakers? I have never had mine and I'm unhappy with the jumper wires...

First, "too much power" is a myth. If you use common sense with the volume control, you can connect a 500Wpc amp to a 100-watt rated speaker with no ill effects, long or short term.

Second, some people don't like the jumper bars (with many brands of speakers, not only Klipsch) and use "upgraded" jumper wires. I don't know how much difference it really makes. Klipsch parts may have the original bars, or you could Google for some "hi-fi" jumper wires.

You're right, I guess what I mean is wasting a big amp on something that could be done with less power. Also, now that you mention it I remember reading some opinions about people being unhappy with the bars. I'm going to go through the patchwork of audio cables presently behind my HT, and while I'm at it probably add banana plugs to my speaker cables which would be a good time to consider just doing a quality job on my jumper wires.