Why the huge price swing on Amazon?

ygmn

I am soon to buy the X10 earbuds as I canot stand my Noise Canceling headphones for size and well headaches!

So as an engineer I do my research; reading reviews, specs etc. find places that sell them and checking prices and service.

I read Thumps review on Amazon.

Click his link to the sell page of the X10 (AKA Image)

I see prices all over the place for brand new.

Some about $150 off.

So are these places authorized or not?

In this Economy (I am sick of hearing and reading that) saving money is the new "IN" thing to do.

Thanks!

Fixed linky thingy I think?

• Moderators

Most resellers on Amazon are not authorized, but Amazon themselves are.

We are running a $50-off promo through Feb 14th (any model) with free ground shipping. Just enter coupon code "Valentine" at checkout!

Most resellers on Amazon are not authorized, but Amazon themselves are.

Dayum... I forgot about all them sneaky resellers hiding on Amazon...

Makes me nervous about what they are selling...

Thanks for discount and free shipping....

Happy Valentine's DAY BACK @ Klipsch!

Amazon is a joke. I first ordered from them & ended up receiving something from "Buy.com". Amy told me they are not an authorized reseller so I sent them back. Next I ordered from Amazon.com, ascertained the order was indeed to Amazon & not a reseller. That all happened Jan.7th. I was told iem's would be sent between Jan 29 & Feb 6, so I waited patiently. Feb 6 I was told I'll have to wait to March 6th. I'm waiting.......not so patiently this time. Frankly, I'll be surprised if they show up March 6th. Not too keen on Amazon these day's.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm in the middle of an unpleasant Klpisch/Amazon buying experience too. I ordered some Custom 1's from Amazon , paying the extra $ amount to get them from Amazon (not a re-seller) since Amazon was listed on the Klipsch site as an authorized seller. My order was placed on Jan 20 with an original ship date of Feb11-Feb 18. I just got an mail from Amazon that the new ship date is 3-8-09 thru 4-6-09.

I'm not enjoying this a bit. It would be nice if Klipsch and Amazon would get it together.

I wonder who is responsible for this ridiculous delay. Klipsch just doesn't get them the product? Or Amazon running the classic bait & switch, ......... but we have these available now if you dont want to wait.

Seem's to me the wait is much longer than it should be. Again, I'll be surprised if they do show up in March. I'm tempted to just keep on re-odering them until they finally admit they never really were going to get them.

• Moderators

It looks like Amazon placed an order last week for a few headphone models, and they should get them soon. I'm not sure if they will be able to fulfill all their existing orders - I cannot speak for them.

Bill

If I were a single guy and didn't have to suffer the wrath of "the wife", and of course if I could afford it I'd have ordered them from Klipsch long ago. Even at this discounted price I'm feeling a bit of guilt.

Thanks for the update Amy. I'd hope Amazon would have ordered the Image's to fulfill an order that was placed back at the beginning of January. We shall see.

Will wonders never cease?? I've finally received my Image iem's!! Ordered from Amazon January 7th and just received today, February27th.

OK, got that out of the way. These things are amazing!! I couldn't stop laughing while first listening to them. All these fit problems, cord noise, etc etc I've been hearing about. Took them out of the box, stuck them in my ears & voila, sound.........amazing sound!!! Compared to the earbuds that came with the i-pod, Ha! What a joke, no comparison, no comparison at all. Little transistor radio of days gone by to high end stereophonic sound of today!

Lots of exclamation points here. Thats the way I'm feeling. Best purchase I've made in a very long time!

Thanks to all who have assisted me. Well worth the wait.

• 2 weeks later...

The people complaining about ordering from Amazon and then being surprised that the order is fullfilled by a 3rd party are just not paying attention when they check out. Amazon clearly identifies and labels from where the products are being shipped.

Who are all those non-attention paying people complaining about Amazon because they didn't pay attention at check out to the fact that they were buying from a third party through Amazon. I'm looking for names.

As for me, as I said in my original post I did order on the Amazon site from Amazon (not a 3rd party) who is indeed an authorized Klipsch re-seller as stated on the Klirpsch web-site.

The good news is that I have received the Custom 1's that I ordered so long ago from Amazon.

The better news is that I really like the way they sound.

I'm glad I bought them.

Buzz G.

Ordered from an ebay seller, sent back as they had a "phhhh" noise. It was hell going through paypal for that. I won't be going that route again.

Just bought a second pair from amazon, got them within a week (custom 1s). These too have a "phhhhhhhhhhhhhh" sound when plugged into any source (tried multiple computers, ipods and a cd player). At least the amazon return deal is nice. Vann's has them for ~$70 shipped right now. I may go that route and try a 3rd set...