Age of old Klipschhorns

dagthomas

Is there anybody out there able to help me set the approximate age of my old Klipschhorns ?

The horns have a label with the following letters :

Type : K-C-BR

Serial number : 1N 268 or 7N 268 it very difficult to comprehend what's been written on the label.

The previous owner has sort of "destroyed" the horns by using paint and laquer to change finish. The result is rather bad. Any suggestions on how to make them look better ?

Ray, nice to see you about ... any news on the job front, and did you wind up selling your LaScalas? Hope things are looking up ...

Dagthomas, my decoder ring shows 1975, but Ray is far more knowledgeable (and better looking) than I so I'd go with his statement. Suffice it to say, you have mid-70's vintage.

I'm doing the same thing as you ... Had a tough pair of Khorns that needed some work. See following thread which shows you what I did (am doing):

http://216.37.9.58/ubb/Forum6/HTML/000686.html

The good news is that paint stripper will remove the old finish and you can build it back up from there (either stain or some other finish). It will just take some time and some effort. When you're done, however, you'll be proud of the results and the investment of time.

------------------

If you don't like what is coming out, you wouldn't like what is going in." -PWK-

---------------------

Klipsch 1968 ALK Cornwall "II"s (LF/RF)

ALK Belle Klipsch (Center)

Klipsch Heresy (RR/LR)

Klipsch KSW-12 sub

Sonic Frontiers Anthem AMP1 (driving Cornwalls)

Sonic Frontiers Anthem AMP1 (driving Heresy's)

Denon AVR-4800

Toshiba SD-3109 DVD