Klipsch H-700 Speakers...Help

Appleskinner

It's funny, I have searched and searched and have not been able to come up with a schematic for the Type C crossover; I guess I'm going to have to make one...

There is a hand-drawn schematic of the Type C balancing network in this thread about half way down the first page.

http://forums.klipsch.com/forums/t/130178.aspx?PageIndex=1

Don't know if the modification is an upgrade...

There may be a difference in sensitivity between the alnico K-22-E used with the Type C Network and the ferrite K-22-E used with the Type E network.

The difference between the two networks is a change from 1uF to 2uF for the capacitor feeding the autotransformer, and a change in the transformer taps used for the squawker and tweeter.

I agree. Since my K-22-E woofer is 16 Ohm, I think the switch to the Type E crossover network would cause more headaches than it's worth. I am considering just replacing the existing 38 year old caps caps with new caps of the same value to freshen up the crossovers.

Replacing the old paper in oil capacitors is a no-brainer. They probably have significantly increased ESR. I used Solen metalized polypropylene. The price is right and IMHO they perform as well as much more expensive "audiophile" brands. Others here would argue otherwise.