klipsch KLF 30 vs Cornwalls

charles brown

Is there any comparison in quality? I'd say both are excellent.

The CWs are certainly excellent performers. I heard Boomac's and they were exceptional, if not spooky The CW's get good reviews over the decades.

I have not heard a KLF-30. However, I consider it a cousin to the Quartet, Forte II, and Chorus II family. I have Qs and FII. To my ear, the tractrix horn in those really make a difference. Klipsch, even PWK himself, made the change to the tractrix. The KLF has the tractrix.

So, you may ask, "If the CW exponential mid is so good, why would the tractrix be better?" My thought is that the tractrix does better in difficult rooms. I very much like the tractrix.

Many here love the Heritage line. Plywood and metal horns. When Klipsch offered the alternative lines with MDF and plastic horns, it seemed like a sell out of "quality". Isn't this cheap junk from the best dang manufacturer in the world of speaker? Well, maybe not. There are acoustic benfits to those materials. We may think it was a better world when cars had fins and 'phones had dials. But is that correct?

The KLF has a different form factor than the CW. That may work better.

Overall, I hold the notion that the present flagship Palladium is an improved KLF-30. I'll bet the KLF-30 would come pretty close.

Wm McD

It's been a good while since I listened to Corns but I listen to klf20s often.The 20's have the same top just 10 v 12's.I prefer the Cornwall sound and the klf form,tuff call but I do like tall v wide.I think the CW is also a little more solid overall in build,although my 20's have held up well.

That said,the 20's don't really compare to my 7's,although good the 20's just don't roar like 7's,all imo.