Just purchased a pr of hersey I's. Parts??

juicyjjj

Ditto on Colter's suggestion. After a few weeks or so, revisit your thread and tell us what you like, don't like, etc. There are a myriad of things you can do ranging from simple cabinet sealing techniques all the way to basically rebuilding the entire speaker which can be quite costly. Some things to watch for: Do the drivers work the same between each speaker, as in does the driver have the same "sound" level on both?; At moderate volumes is there "scratchiness" in the midrange and/or tweeter?; Does the bass "dissapear" or seem really or unusually weak at low volumes?. Just look for little things.

Guest David H

if they're not broken, just plug em in and listen for 30 days please. Amazing how well they hold up, innit?

Colter please report to the leave it stock forum, this is Updates and Modifications.

Guest David H

Ok so i just purchased a pr of hersey I's and i have no idea where to start the upgrade. Im guessing that i need to replace the crossovers, tweeter, and woofer. Where can i get these parts and what is involved in doing the work?? Any help would be greatly appreciated!!

Welcome to the forums, you will find many have different opinions on "upgrade or not to upgrade". If you feel inclined to upgrade Bob Crites is a good resource. I like to atleast replace the capacitors and seal the boxes as mentioned earlier. The woofers I wouldn't touch unless they have an issue.

BEC / Bob Crites email Bob at bobcrites@mac.com

Have Fun Gothover....

Colter please report to the leave it stock forum, this is Updates and Modifications.

"Mr. Colter. You have a call on line 3 in the Arcane and Strange Projects Office."

Cool

That is sooo funny, I just heard your twisted voice in my head saying those very words.

You'd have loved last night night- a certain techie/engineer type stopped by the shop and we tinkered with the (stock) pro crossovers for a couple of hours.

if they're not broken, just plug em in and listen for 30 days please. Amazing how well they hold up, innit?

what am I, the anitUpdater?

Still speaking the company line- heck I was only there 18 months, been gone about half that time now.

I just see this rush to change new acquisitions as getting the cart before the horse. How can you be certain if they need updating if you don't really know what the sounded like in the first place? Insofar as modifications from stock parts, some I go along with, some I think are overzealous.

still yer buddy,

Michael

A One Act Play - "The Scene From An Imaginary Klipsch Western"

The Scene: A dusty street in front of the House of Klipsch (jail cleverly disguised as a workshop)... Across the street is the Klipsch Saloon - a rowdy place -.

The Actors:

Ole' Colter - A crusty ole time Sheriff totin big Klipsch industrial weapons of mass destruction. The Sheriff is standing up against the balcony post on the porch in front of the Klipsch Saloon. Sheriff is surrounded by saloon floozies, bounty hunters and other such sort that inhabited the Old Klipsch West back in the day.

Newbie - Cowpoke who just rode into town, looking to quench his thirst at the Klipsch Saloon. The Newbie is toting the venerable, but small caliber Klipsch Heresy. Worn for wear, but proudly displayed on his hip as he swaggers down the planking to enter the Saloon.

As the newbie approaches the swinging cyber doors of the Saloon, the Sheriff turns to see who approaches.

__________________________________________________________________________________

Colter: Howdy Pilgrim! There's a new Sheriff in town and that's me. You're gonna' have to park that Heresy and those spare parts before you go into the Klipsch saloon!!!

Newbie: But Sheriff!!! Some of them boys from the Saloon told me last night over at Madame Rosie's that I need new parts or my Klipsch would not shoot right!!

Colter: That may be all fine and dandy there son, but I'm the Sheriff, and until you have shot your Klipsch a few times 'round the corner in the OK Corral at those bose targets, you ain't puttin' any of those new parts in your Klipsch!!!!

Newbie: (Sniff...) Well ok Sheriff, if you insist....

One month later... The Newbie is running down the street and sees the Sheriff standing in front of the Saloon.

Newbie: Sheriff!! Sheriff!!! I'm amazed at my Klipsch!!! I can hit a moving bose target at 10 paces, plus or minus about a herz or two!!! But Sheriff, I gotta' tell you, I really think I need some new grips, a new cylinder, better barrel, maybe some new sights, and wadda' you think about a nice trigger job?

Colter: Huhm.... Lemme think here now. You say you can hit a moving bose at 10 paces. Huhm.... Ok, well you can go in the Saloon with your Klipsch, but no funny business or your in the hoosegow!!! Now about those parts them boys are suggestin'. Take it from me pilgrim, just go with the barrel and sights and you should do just fine at 20 paces. Then come back and see me again in a couple weeks. Oh, and by the way, while you hang out in the Klipsch Saloon with some of them neer' do wells, you better watch out! They will get you drinkin' and thinkin' and pretty soon you'll spend your all money on floozies and a custom Klipsch rifle they call a Jubilee.....

Newbie: Thanks Sheriff!!! And I'd like you to meet my fiance' that I met at Rosie's last week. She just loves my tubes......

[H]

Guest David H

A One Act Play - "The Scene From An Imaginary Klipsch Western"

The Scene: A dusty street in front of the House of Klipsch (jail cleverly disguised as a workshop)... Across the street is the Klipsch Saloon - a rowdy place -.

The Actors:

Ole' Colter - A crusty ole time Sheriff totin big Klipsch industrial weapons of mass destruction. The Sheriff is standing up against the balcony post on the porch in front of the Klipsch Saloon. Sheriff is surrounded by saloon floozies, bounty hunters and other such sort that inhabited the Old Klipsch West back in the day.

Newbie - Cowpoke who just rode into town, looking to quench his thirst at the Klipsch Saloon. The Newbie is toting the venerable, but small caliber Klipsch Heresy. Worn for wear, but proudly displayed on his hip as he swaggers down the planking to enter the Saloon.

As the newbie approaches the swinging cyber doors of the Saloon, the Sheriff turns to see who approaches.

__________________________________________________________________________________

Colter: Howdy Pilgrim! There's a new Sheriff in town and that's me. You're gonna' have to park that Heresy and those spare parts before you go into the Klipsch saloon!!!

Newbie: But Sheriff!!! Some of them boys from the Saloon told me last night over at Madame Rosie's that I need new parts or my Klipsch would not shoot right!!

Colter: That may be all fine and dandy there son, but I'm the Sheriff, and until you have shot your Klipsch a few times 'round the corner in the OK Corral at those bose targets, you ain't puttin' any of those new parts in your Klipsch!!!!

Newbie: (Sniff...) Well ok Sheriff, if you insist....

One month later... The Newbie is running down the street and sees the Sheriff standing in front of the Saloon.

Newbie: Sheriff!! Sheriff!!! I'm amazed at my Klipsch!!! I can hit a moving bose target at 10 paces, plus or minus about a herz or two!!! But Sheriff, I gotta' tell you, I really think I need some new grips, a new cylinder, better barrel, maybe some new sights, and wadda' you think about a nice trigger job?

Colter: Huhm.... Lemme think here now. You say you can hit a moving bose at 10 paces. Huhm.... Ok, well you can go in the Saloon with your Klipsch, but no funny business or your in the hoosegow!!! Now about those parts them boys are suggestin'. Take it from me pilgrim, just go with the barrel and sights and you should do just fine at 20 paces. Then come back and see me again in a couple weeks. Oh, and by the way, while you hang out in the Klipsch Saloon with some of them neer' do wells, you better watch out! They will get you drinkin' and thinkin' and pretty soon you'll spend your all money on floozies and a custom Klipsch rifle they call a Jubilee.....

Newbie: Thanks Sheriff!!! And I'd like you to meet my fiance' that I met at Rosie's last week. She just loves my tubes......

Cool

Ha Ha I love it.

Nice work