looking to put more life into RC-64,,maybe a different crossover system

jimski

old in life,but new to KLIPSCH, have a RC-64 center,great speaker,but I'm looking to get a little more out of her,currently she's playing with a couple of RF-82,but the divorce is coming soon,would love a set of rf-7's,but may have to live with the rf-83's...so what ideas are kicking around out there? as well as any mod's for the rf-83's??? powered by a denon 5308.

I don't think I've heard of anyone on here modding the current generation Reference speakers yet. Most have described them as sounding like the previous generation Reference speakers with upgraded networks resulting in a smoother overall sound.

What "little more out of her" are you trying to get?

Maybe look into an external amp instead?

A smoother more balanced response shouldn't be confused with a cleaner more refined sound. The RF-83 has about the same balance as a modified RF-7 (not as in-your-face), but that doesn't mean the RF-83 wouldn't sound cleaner and more open with better caps and resistors in the network (which it will).

as in how much power??

Seperate amp with 200 watts is just the beginning.

Yes, let's start there.

Possibly your crossover money spent on room treatments might yield better results.

You've not stated what you disliked about your RC64. What are you hoping to change? 'Getting more' is rather vague.