Pair of Cornwalls, can someone tell the age?

Jed

I have a pair of Klipsch Cornwall speakers, they are birch plywood and from what I've read here they are not worth very much. The serial numbers are 27W643 and 27W644. Any information about them that you could share with me would be appreciated.

Jed

The "W" makes yours 1981 Vintage...Birch Plywood usually means they were Birch Raw when sold...they are still Cornwalls...just sold in the Birch Ply to be stained to match whatever decor the buyer wanted to match...pics would be nice...edited to add...Noah types faster than I do...[;)]

Bill

1) Where the heck did you read that were not worth much?

2) Like the fellow said, those are Cornwall's so they have value.

3) You are in a good location if you are looking to sell them, if they are in (truly) good shape, you might hope to get $400 to $600 for them.

Last year you might have gotten more for them but the market is somewhat down...

With the right buyer, you might get more (if you are willing to wait for him...)

If you are looking to sell quickly, you might expect a $400 price tag might force a buyer to jump on them...

Good luck!

Noah

I have a pair of Klipsch Cornwall speakers, they are birch plywood and from what I've read here they are not worth very much. The serial numbers are 27W643 and 27W644. Any information about them that you could share with me would be appreciated.

Jed

Nice pair in good condition (usually not the BR's though) can fetch up to $700 or more dependent upon the finish, veneer type, etc. Right now it's a funny market, mostly a buyer's market.

I did read something like that in this forum. The birch self finished Cornwalls

were not as desirable as better woods, factory finishes in pristine condition. Certainly

understandable in as you say "a buyers market", wish I could have

afforded a better wood when I purchased them. An early post said I should post

a picture, I need to do that.

Jed