Buying Music On-line

jacksonbart

For the most of us that means I-Tunes or Amazon and the like with lossy formats. Although the selection is limited, http://www.hdtracks.com/index.php, has started selling FLAC and AIFF formats as well as HD formats on line. I have purchased 8 FLAC albums and have not been disapointed, After selecting them and downloading them I dragged and dropped them to my Olive Server. They sound great. I hope this option expands.

Go the "Run" feature of windows (XP go to Start, Vista its in accessories), enter \\xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx were xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx is the Olive server IP address on your network. Example the maestro IP address for me is http://192.168.1.5:8163/maestro.php So I would enter \\192.168.1.5, make sure your server is not in sleep mode, you will get a window that pops up with a folder called import, click on that, its in import window that you can drag and drop music into. It will appear on your server tagged with the meta data intact as soon as its copied.

JB,

Many thanks for the link. I will do some bidness wid dem. I used to buy stuff on iTunes, but now my first choice is Amazon. I'd like to purchase the actual disc when possible and I've gotten some great deals on lightly used CDs. I have a fair amount of music on an external hard drive. Anything I add to that will come from whoever can provide the highest qaulity download at a reasonable price, and these folks look far superior to Apple.