Blown Forte, fixable?

pHEnomIC69

Leave the back on be.........its just passive.

if you got a 9 volt laying around, you can "pop" the speakers and see exactly whats going on before you open it up. Do NOT hold the 9 volt on there as you can damage the tweeters, kinda like the wires in a toaster, they are very fine. Just put the wire on the 9 volt momentarily and the speakers that are operational will click, you can also use this little trick to check phase. If the positive is to positve on the speaker and likewise for the negative, when you "pop it" the woofer will move OUT from the cabinet if it is wired correctly.

If you got an open circuit, I hope your wire just came loose!

Theres 2 different woofers in the Forte's It will have the numbers on the metal plate on the back of the woofer if its blown. That 9 volt on the woofer terminals is easy confirmation.

Well apparantly it isnt blown, did the 9 volt trick and both drivers popped.

Just need to get a receiver for em. I located the other one, its in a friends room (livin in a frat house) daisy chained with a bose system I need to find a way into talking him into letting me have that one. Any ideas on that one? hahaha