Outlaw 750 Amp & Reference Series

jperrewe

I've had the RF3II speakers for a couple months now, including the RC3II and RS3II's. I'm looking to upgrade from my Yamaha receiver to a 5 channel amp and digital processor. I can't get over the great reviews I've read about the Outlaw 750, but I have yet to find anyone using the Outlaw with Reference series speakers.

Let me know who out there has the Outlaw!

Later,

------------------

A/VR- Yamaha 870

RF-3II

RC-3II

RS-3II

KSW12

DVD Panasonic RP-56

Pioneer 5 Disc CD

Echostar Sat

Hitachi Ultravision 50"

The 750 is a pretty powerful amp for the efficent reference speakers. People who have it as well as reviewers find it to be first class. I use an Outlaw 1050 receiver with my Klipsch LCR THX system (similar to Reference speakers) and its plenty loud with no strain. I keep thinking of adding the 750 and using the 1050 as a pre/pro with sixth channel amplification (a design option) but I keep asking myself why? what would I gain unless I want to share the sound from my CDs and DVDs with my neighbors?

------------------

Soundog's HT Systems

I'm using the Outlaw 750 with my Cornwalls/Academy, and find it to be a purchase that I'm very happy with. It's more than I need, but that's the way I like it. It's very clean and neutral, and for high efficiency speakers like Klipsch, an absolute powerhouse (times 5!). The great reviews on this amp don't lie. I highly recommend it.

The raves are already rolling in about the new 950 pre/pro that Outlaw has been cookin' up. Four of the five beta testers (who have, until now, been sworn to secrecy) have given big thumbs up to its clean sound, rivaling units two to three times it's $899 price (this has become a pattern with Outlaw). One of the testers owns a Lexicon MC-12 ($8000+) and even he is impressed. I can't wait to get it. If you have yet to select a pre/pro, check it out.

------------------

First we Rock, then we Roll!

dndphishin,Text

Thanks, thats exactly what I'm looking at for my pre/pro. The 950/750 togehter. I think Outlaw offers some discount for buying two pieces of equipment. I may even try their interconnect cables. Great price.. cables don't have to be more expensive than your system. I'll bet they are good quality also..

Later,,,

I too am waiting on my Outlaw 950. I have been extatic about the reviews on the 950. I use a Marantz MM9000 for 5 chanels and a MA6100 for the rear center.

I may get the 770 and use one chanel for a SVS if it is as good as the 750.

BTW once I get my 950 I will be selling my Parasound AVC1800 if any one is interested.

aab3rd,

When did you get on the 950 pre/pro waiting list? I can't decide if I should go with the 750 or 770 amp. Of course if I choose the 770, there's more speakers to procure~ we will never be totally satisfied~ I'll have to build an addition on the house if this continues..

Later,

jperrewe,

I was out the night of the 13th so I placed my reservation of the night of the 14th and recieved my confermation on Sat 15th. I do not know where I am on the list but I hope I am in the first run of product that will be flown in. The second run will be boated incwm33.gif. I am ready to get back to 6.1 since I sold my Parasound CSE 6.1 to someone on this board and now only have 5.1.

As far as the 750/770 decision I would opt for the 770 if money permitted. If you do not need the extra 2 channels now you might wish you had them later. As for me, I will probably wait to see the reviews on the 770 since I am satisfied with my Marantz amps. I would really like all channels in one box though. cwm1.gif

All right, I just reserved the pre/pro 950 and 770 amp. From the Mid February Outlaw news letter, I'm looking at Mid April delivery. Gives me some time to gather the cash. I guess I'll be selling stuff on eBay. Don't have much in the home audio department to sell. What gets replaced in the main system goes to the porch for summer tunes out at the pool. And we have some long hot summers in Western Kentucky. Cool.gif Pool side, Margaritaville, some cold hops and beach music. No April's not that far off.

Later,Cool.gifCool.gifCool.gif

I also have a reservation for the Outlaw 950 pre/pro (December 14th!) and am looking forward to giving it a workout. If I didn't already have an Acurus A125X5 and a A150 I would strongly consider either a 750 or 770 amplifier. Outlaw has built their reputation by word-of-mouth with very little advertising so they won't survive unless they put out a quality product, at this point the length of the 950 waiting list is a good indicator they've got another winner on their hands. Like dndphishin I have a Cornwall/Academy setup that's overkill as far as power goes but for home theater its always better to have a little extra in reserve. The money you'll save on the Outlaw components will help finance your next component upgrade (and believe me, there's always a "next")