Vent on hiring a house cleaning person

USNRET

I have agreed to hire someone to clean the house for the wife. I posted on a local county forum in "Wanted Goods or Services" looking for that person. I stated to PM me if interested to obtain contact number. 13 people responed with 'call me at this number" and I really need money and have been cleaning for x number of years, etc. I responded with "call my wife at --------). Two people called and came over for a look see and 'interview'. First one came in and stated how much they hate cleaning and that her house is a mess and got POed when th ewife told her to put her cigarette out before coming in. I don't get it, people complain they have no work, economy this, economy that but no one that claims to be in this line of work wants to WORK. I refuse to call the numbers provided, if you want the job CALL. My wife says I'm wrong and should call them, I think not.

Stay at home and wait on the gubment check?

Uh... if they can't follow that simple direction above, they will be of little use to you. Just like people that drop off a resume that's typed when someone asked specifically for a handwritten one. ERRRRRRRRRR... wrong. NEXT!

I guess I was just lucky.

I'd say you were! A few years back, my building called a welding company to upgrade some of our metal fencing. It was a three-day job. The welder came and worked for two days and never came back, althought the job was not completed.