RC-52 or RC-62 ???

smokarz

Hi all, just joined the forum.

I've been reading the forums for the last severals and would love to get some help.

Currently, I have a pair of RF3's that I've been using the last 6-7 years. Absolutely love it. Anyway, I haven't got a chance to expand my set up due to various reasons (financials, kids, time, etc.)

Now, I am looking to create a 5.1 HT setup with my RF3's as the front pair. Reading through the posts the last few days, it look like the RC3 and RC35 are the matching centers, though some suggested RC7 as the better option. As you know, it's nearly impossible to find any of those; unless you're looking at the second hand market.

Right now, I am looking at the RC52 and RC62 to serve as my center speaker. Can you tell me which one of these two would match best with my front RF3? If there are other center speakers that would match better with my RF3s than the above, please let me know. Thanks much!!

BTW, I am using a pair of Polk bookselfs as my surround for now.

First of all welcome to the forum! If it were me I would go with the RC-62 since it has woofers closer to the size of the ones in your RF-3's. It is a great center speaker (although a bit large)! As you can see in my signature I have 6.5" woofers in all of my speakers (I am kind of anal about this).

I ran a pair of RF3s for 6 years. i would definitely NOT go any lower than the RC62- keep looking- you should be able to find one for 300 or pretty close.

The center caries a ton of program material and is not the place to save money

The RF3 IMO is a very often overlooked and underated speaker.