New forums?

edster00

Over in the 2 channel forum maxg pointed out that the the discussions about tube gear is going strong! This subject of tubes is one of the hottest on these forums.

quote:

In the 2 channel forum kenratboy said:

Yeah, the intrest in tubes aroung here is exploding. I don't imagine, once approved, that it would take the web master more than 10 minutes (if longer, sorry) to put up a tube section. maxg, your post, so post this under the web site comment area, and hopefully the webmaster (or mistress?) will obey our mighty command.

I agree, but we also asked for a "For Sale" forum many moons ago...

We also asked for a new survey on the Forums home page, the one there has been there since they re-worked the site, what, last spring/early summer (forgive me if my memory is failing...all that smoke from the tubes).

The current "survey" is certainly usless to me, I would like to see something of interest to the users of the forum rather than of interest to the webmaster. How about a survey asking how many think we should have new forums?? How about a survey asking how many of us have more than 1 system (like 2 channel/Home Theater)

I just thought I would bring the subject up in the "General Discussion" forum rather than the "Website" forum since this one gets a lot more traffic.

What do y'all think??

------------------

Ed W

Couldn't agree more with you more Ed (and myself.) How much money do you think Klipsch has made off of this forum, letting people get all fired up about Klipsch, they owe us a little bit, like adding a few topics and a new survey every month or two. Lets start spamming the web master until we get our way! (well, lets not.)

!Viva revolucion!

From a purely personal point of view, I kinda feel I owe Klipsch because I have learned so much from this BB and I have made so many friends here.

I promote Klipsch products every chance I get because I believe in the company and (most) of it's products.

I would like to see the forums grow as much as the rest of this site.

*wiping a tear from my eye*

------------------

Ed W

If there is going to be some modification, I have some thoughts.

It may be that there are more Pro Media users than anything else. Perhaps that section could be moved to the top. That way fewer people would wonder into home audio.

We now have "two channel" and "home theater." I suppose that has to stay as a line of demarcation. At least HT is a subject unto itself. In HT we cover subjects of HT decoders, multichannel, and speaker placement.

However, the subtitle to both sections speak of amplifer and speaker matching. This is only one of many subjects covered in both.

Gil

I say we leave everything the way it is.

Newbies will stumble into the 2 channel area and learn all about tube gear and big ugly Heritage stuff. If they are lucky - they will see my occasional plug for RB5's and RF7'scwm35.gif

If we create a 'tubes' area - it'll just be you smart old guys sharing all the good stuffSmile.gif

------------------

deanG

This message has been edited by deang on 02-16-2002 at 11:34 PM

Actually I also posted the request in the web site discussion forum but I only got one response and that was not from the site operators/managers.

I have to say it is not a religious need - just something I thought would help out as the 2 channel forum is rapidly getting hijacked and becoming the tube forum by default.

------------------

2 * Heresy 2 (mains)

2 * Homemade horn speakers (rears)

1 * REL Strata 3 sub

Accuphase E211 amp.

Tube monoblocks with separate pre-amp (solid state).

Marantz CD6000 player

Sony NS900 SACD/DVD player

Stax Headphones

Humax 5400 digital satellite receiver

Sharp Video

32" Sony flat screen 16:9 TV

Mogami interconnects

Silver Synergistic speaker cable