Moved my speakers and ordered titanium diaphragms

wuzzzer

Last night I was up until 2am rearranging my front speakers and electronics. Due to the layout of my room I've had my Fortes almost touching the side walls for quite a while. I could tell that the sound was negatively affected by early reflections. I moved the stand I have my receiver and PS3 on next to the right wall and was able to get each Forte almost 2 feet from the side walls. Made a tremendous difference in sound quality. Even though they are closer together, having them farther from the side walls seems to have improved imaging and the midrange and treble sound much more defined.

Tonight I took advantage of the 10% Microsoft Cashback program through eBay and bought Bob Crites' titanium diaphragms. Hopefully they'll be here by the weekend so I can install them and enjoy them. I think they'll match Bob's crossover networks perfectly.

Ya, rearranging the room can definitely make a HUGE difference in sound quality! I've rearranged our living room twice to get better sound. And, she was happy cuz it opened up more room/space............... Let us know waht you think when those come in the mail!

Hi Mark,

Let me know your results after the install. I've been curious about the difference titanium diaphragms would make in Forte IIs too.

I some times pull mine out a couple feet away from any walls and corners and find the sound is a lot better too, It doesn't work with the layout of my living room so they aways get put back but when I to play with them to enjoy a better sound I'll do it. I notice the bass response more than anything. my sound stage may improve a little but nothing huge. I've got mine 12 feet apart and 12 feet from me so a nice triangle of sound so maybe that helps my sound stage some already. But the bass does suffer with them only about 8" from the walls.