TT turmoil! (stop the presses)

Sky Hits

James - I do remember you buying that one. Mine had the dustcover, otherwise identical.

Fini - You're just a smarta$$! [;)]

Back to Mr. Sky - The Linn from what I understand is a very nice table but you need to know how to tweak. It also is very sensitive to footsteps so you would do well to get a wallmount. I've never owned one though. I know nothing about Dual tables. Never owned one of those either. I do know about the low-priced Thorens which is why I pitch them when the topic arises.

I think it's "Mr. Powers" to everyone except Catherine.

Time for me to chime in here. I still have The TD165 that I bought from Gary, although it's been sitting idle since the Basis acquisition. It's got a Grado Green cart, runs well, and sounds very nice for an entry level rig. Sounded great with both my old Yamaha SS amp and my Scott 299.

Sky, if your local search comes up dry, I would be willing to sell you the table I got from Gary. I hadn't planned to get rid of it, but it's not being used now, so if we can turn someone else on to the joys of vinyl, I'm all for doing my part.

Good luck with your search.

Chuck