Anyone using Pandora?

carbon summit

I bought a Samsung BD-P1600 BD player tonight. I was looking at the LG 370 but I decided I might use Pandora more than YouTube so I went with the Samsung instead.

I'm running the 1600 via HDMI to my Yamaha 663. I'm using 7 channel enhancer (which I guess is supposed to make MP3s sound better) while listening to Pandora and it sounds pretty good. After being disappointed in the constant repeats on XM after the merger Pandora is a breath of fresh air.

First night so time will tell if the novelty wears off but so far I really love Pandora!!!

I've got the Samsung PD-P1600 and I was listening to Pandora most of the day and I have to agree. MUCH better than Surius on Dish and XM with the receiver that plugs into my Yamaha 663. (I've got both Dish and the XM reciever)

I've got 29 days to return my 1600. I've heard the 2550 has a better chip for upscaling but it seems to sell for $100 more than the 1600. Is it worth it? My experence with upscaling is its kind of a joke really. When you start with 480 DVDs there is only so much you can do...

I probably would use it more if I did not have a dedicated HT. I do run Pandora on my PC as I work. Love it for finding new music.

I am addicted to Netflix streaming on my Samsung. I also use it on the Xbox360 in the kids play room. I fill up my instant queue with kids shows, TV series and those interesting History and Discovery channel shows.

JM

I probably would use it more if I did not have a dedicated HT. I do run Pandora on my PC as I work. Love it for finding new music.

I am addicted to Netflix streaming on my Samsung. I also use it on the Xbox360 in the kids play room. I fill up my instant queue with kids shows, TV series and those interesting History and Discovery channel shows.

JM

I just bought a used printer server off of ebay to put in my son's room so he can stream with his Xbox 360 too. I figured I'd rather pay $20 and not have to drill holes in walls to run cat5 to it.

Which Samsung do you have?

"I probably would use it more if I did not have a dedicated HT"-- Does your Samsung have Pandora on it? I love having it going in the background while I'm playing with my son or doing whatever around the house. Not saying the SQ is as good as other sources but I hear a lot of music I like and don't own.