Shipping K-Horns

limono

you're going to get a lot of comments on this one.....

my most recent khorn shipping experience was a new in a box set from klipsch. Lift gate service for a palleted pair (banded to the pallet). When they arrived, the pallet was on top of the khorns, and the boxes were no longer banded. No lift gate service, I had to help the driver, who looked like he weighted 100 pounds un load the khorns.

once unbanded from the pallet, khorns boxes will not protect a fallen pair.

I think I would:

A) Go pick them up rather than ship

B) Get somebody to go pick up rather than ship

If all that fails -

1) Get a few moving pads from UHaul store and wrap them

2) Get some sheet foam from Homer Depot and cut to fit

3) Build a plywood box around them

4) Strap or mount ot a pallet

You might be able to buy the packaging inserts and shippers from Klipsch - no clue there.

I believe in overkill perhaps.

Unloading in Russia.

I didn't design it to go on it's side, but apparently everything was tight enough and it wasn't an issue.

It was not opened during it's trip, not even at Rus customs. About $4K total for shipping. Flew to Berlin and then trucked from there to Moscow.

Greg

post-11090-13819464358972_thumb.jpg

Thanks, for replies and ideas . I need to ship from Detroit to Seatle. I'd drive resonable distance to avoid shipping but it's just too far. I need to quote for shipping but never shipped freight and crating seems like over $100 just in materials and probably a day of work.Am I right to estimate one bass bins weight at 120 LBS packed on pallete?

craighters and freighters , they came to my house picked up the speakers took them to there warehouse, packed them, transported them from pa. to chicago insured for 2000.00, cost was 650.00, i did have to help the driver get them out of my house and you have to make sure he understands how valuable they are but they did a decentb job and the recepient (chicago pete) was happy with the results

Joe