Hey Lascala, your Tractrix is showing.

Guest David H

Hello Dave; I would like to order another pair of them [for my brother-in-law].

He hates me after hearing my LS's with the fastracks....he can not live with the way his stock LS's sound anymore.[;)]

Please deliver them just like mine [same finish], and LMK when you can have them ready.

Thanks,

Nico

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Hello Dave; I would like to order another pair of them [for my brother-in-law].

He hates me after hearing my LS's with the fastracks....he can not live with the way his stock LS's sound anymore.Wink

Please deliver them just like mine [same finish], and LMK when you can have them ready.

Thanks,

Nico

Nico,

I read your description of your delight when you replaced the K-400 with the Fastrac horn. I had the same reaction.

I decided to build Cornscalas from scratch and bought a pair of K-400's off eBay. I couldn't figure out how to mount them outboard without the wife's approval, so I bought a pair of Fastracs from Dave. At once I discovered the pleasure of the wooden horn, the tinniness was gone and vocals were much more natural. The tonality of reed instruments also were much more pleasant. Of course, the CT-125 and the crossovers also made a big improvement, but not nearly as much as the Fastrac!

The ability to mount these inside a stock Cornwall cabinet was also a bonus. I found a pair of stripped stock cabinets for next to nothing and all I had to do was route out the bigger horn opening and they dropped right in.

The more I listen, the better they sound. Thanks, Dave!

Herb