Apple TV

Doc Robin

Just got one of the 160 gig Apple TV units; pretty easy to set up once I reset my pass word for iTunes. Set up some music and photo's of the grand daughter; wife is very impressed that she gets to show off the photos on the 52"DLP.

So does anyone have any tips, suggestions, short cuts, advice or general comments or warnings about Apple TV?

Also set up the iPhone as another remote; way too cool to control it from anywhere within the wireless network range. Later Bill

I got one for Christmas.  Have tried several times to get it to 'talk't to my PC, cannot get it to work.  Frustrated with it right now...

Where could I call, etc, to get help?

If you have an Apple Store nearby, that is your best bet. The workers are usually very informative and can help you with most questions.

So does anyone have any tips, suggestions, short cuts, advice or general comments  or warnings about Apple TV?

I'm also using mine on a DLP television and I found that setting the resolution on the Apple TV at 720p displayed a better picture than setting it at 1080p. The Apple TV has a resolution of 720p, by setting it at 1080p, the Apple TV must then upconvert to 1080. Setting the Apple at 720p and letting my television upconvert to 1080 gave a much better picture in my experience. It's an easy experiment, try it out and see if you notice any difference.

We live in Waco. Went to 'Apple store in Dallas, asked one of the guys there. He was not sure what the problem was. I can get the apple tv to give me a 4 number code to put into i tunes on my computer, but my computer does not seem to 'see' the apple tv. It did one time, then just stopped.

Do apple computers work more seamlessly with the apple tvs? I would suppose so. But PC's should work also?

Paul

I am using a Dell Laptop not a Mac so I know it work pretty easy with a PC. The 1st night everything went smooth except it did not sync to iTunes. as soon as I closed iTunes the apple TV was blank.

The next day I had iTunes up and running before turning on the apple TV; then when I clicked on the apple TV in devices to open it up there was no problem getting it to sync. In fact I was doing a sync for both the iPhone and apple TV at the same time. The only thing missing is the Guns-N-Roses ring tone I made for the iphone.

Can you tell us how you were working with yours so maybe we can help. Later Bill

I might be missing something here, but why do you even need a computer for Apple TV? Doesn't it have its own interface to the iTunes store? Or can you actually stream files from another computer to it? Either way, it shouldn't have anything to do with any computer connected on the network, as long as the Apple TV itself is able to connect.

Sorry Jim I did not try it. The picture was very good at 1080; Replaced the Toshiba DLP with a Sony Bravia 52 inch LCD Saturday night. The new V series Sony is looking real good. Cleaned out the entertainment cabinet; replaced the cable to the Belle's with Monster cable; 83 Heresy's are now hooked to the Mac Integrated along with the Belle's. Apple TV connected to the Sony and Mac. Looks like its time to upgrade the Satellite TV to HD.

Anybody want a 52 inch Toshiba DLP HD TV? Its about 4 years old but the bulb was replaced late last summer; I will make someone a Deal. Later Bill.

Me Love,

i get a giggle out of your small problem. (not making fun) but if apple or pc gets a hold of your comments it could be trouble.

i'm sure it could get turned around as saying "Apple TV, doesn't get along with PC".

when ever i here pc problems and someone praising Apple, i think of the PC/Mac commericals. i just love those. i go to the apple site just so i can watch them all! there is sooooooo many of them!

on the subject, make sure the "windows" firewall is set ot off, and if you have another independent one, you may have to turn it off or go into it's setting and "allow" the apple tv to have access. that would be the only suggestions i could think of.

good luck