'54 & '56 Khorns! What are they worth?

DizRotus

...I would image (sic) there are alot more "educated" folks looking for Klipschorns on Ebay than here as well, but thats just my humble opinion. Forum members always appreciate the chance to buy first I'm quite sure.Smile

First I'd like to express my appreciation to Neil for the way he is handling this sale. I think it is the best way to get a good home for the speakers and a fair price for the seller.

Secondly, in response to JL Sargent, eBay has a larger audience of people trading in Klipsch products, but you'd be hard pressed to convince me that there are more knowledgable ones. The folks who know a lot about Klipsch typically know about this Forum (same for JBL, Maggie, and other special interest groups).

I would speculate (because that is what we're doing here) that the same knowledgable contributors here on the forum frequent e-bay, audiogon, etc. so are a part of that group as well. Whether there are experts that are unaware of the Klipsch Forum, I suppose it's possible. That said, I've found valuable information and products offered here on this forum that are unavailable anywhere else.

Counter to prevailing wisdom, I don't think that eBay determines the true market value of items. There are plenty of examples where the outcome of an eBay auction doesn't make any sense at all. I'm not a statistician, but I know that the sample size is not large enough on vintage items, and there are too many variables in location, condition, feedback, description, photos, ending time, etc. to determine an established value from a handful of auction results. In fact, I get my boxer shorts in a bunch when someone will find a single auction result on eBay and use that as the undisputed value of their item--you see this on Craig's List all the time. It is refreshing not to see it here.

I think e-bay can be one useful tool in determining value, a part of the puzzle so to speak. Good point about sample size, also consider that e-bay prices may lower due to the added cost of shipping to the buyer if the item is not purchased locally. I use talc to keep my boxers from bunching [:|], and I completely agree about sellers citing one-off auction results. It's ridiculous, and they're not fooling anyone.

Good points all, Blvdre. I'll follow your suggestion on the talc--it's good for keeping bicycle inner tubes from bunching up, too!

Yes, and if you have a flat out on the trail, but no talc, you can take the inner tube and.....um, never mind [:$]