Some questions about KLF-30.

rodsprit

Hello.

Im wondering what the bridge things on my speakers where i hook them up are. Upper ones says HF and lower ones LF. I'm guessing this means low freq and high freq. But what is the point of this? Can some receivers have one pair of cable run the HF and another pair for LF? Should i remove the bridges? Also what are the term used for those.

Picture so you see what im talking about. http://bildr.no/image/396096.jpeg

Also which rear speakers would be good in a 5.1 where i have 30's fronts and c7 center?

Greetings, those are indeed the low and high frequency inputs for the speaker. Basically, you can biwire or do a poor man's biamp with those since the high pass of the mid and low pass of the woofer would still be used. I have tried to biwire with them but noticed no difference in sound. I am not sure what the technical term is, but I call them "jumpers". Also, I have found it difficult to make good contact with the factory jumpers so I made a set out of thick speaker cable and tinned the ends then tightened them with a wrench just a little more than hand tight and have had no more problems.

One more thing, you may want tap on the front and back baffle to make sure yours are not plagued by the loose baffle problem. If the are loose just cut out the old glue rough the area up with course sand paper and reglue.

Enjoy! The KLF-30's are great speakers capable of startling dynamic range and very high SPL.

Thanks for the reply :)

What is a baffle?

Both of my speakers i had to take the front panels off and re attach them.. on one of the speakers the rear panel was actualy blown out and had to be reattached :D .. so yea i am aware of the faulty glue..

can you reccomend some rear speaker for this setup?