Another Paypal/USPS Rant

winchester21

I missed out on the APC 15 Power conditioner 99.00 special. So i had to go out on e-bay and pay 131.00 shipping included????? Well not exactly.This clusterwhack goes back to around 4-15-09. I had paid for the item after the auction through PP. I got a notice the next day that the item was shipped 4-15 or 16 via PP USPS???? Never heard of this before but as long as it arrives fairly soon in good condition- no problem. After many fruitless attempts to track the package I get a notice in my mailbox 4-24-09 that the item is being held for pickup with 8.36 POSTAGE DUE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!. Which means that I had to take off from work- drive to the worst part of town that you could possibly imagine- check cashing places- stores where you can rent 24" rims by the day- you get the picture. I literally had to push my way through a gauntlet of crackheads and panhandlers to get into the post office. The package was crushed and beat all to he&& but the double pack job had saved it. They had refused to re- deliver it to my house because of the postage due. I jumped down the shippers throat as soon as I got home. he claimed that he had handled the whole deal through paypal and that they had scheduled the pickup and everything. The seller was fairly new and swore tht he had followed all the proceedures exactly. I tend to believe him. I really dont know enough about this shipping method to be sure but it sounds to me like either paypal or USPS is responsible. In any case, I feel that both are best avoided.I have had nothing but trouble shipping via USPS.