Vintage Marantz stereo receiver/Sony Bravia Flat Screen TV question ?

tuned4life

I recently purchased a pair of Klipsch Heresy I speakers and a pristine Marantz 2285 receiver from the original owner. I was very impressed with how the Heresy's matched up with the Marantz 2285. My Marantz 2325 Receiver is to big to fit into our cabinet space but the 2285 will fit. What I was wondering if it would be possable to feed the audio signal from our Sony Bravia HD TV/ Sony DVD player into a vintage Marantz 2285 Stereo Receiver. I would also like to hook up a Marantz 5220 Cassette player and a marantz CD67SE CD player. My worry is that I only have 1 Aux input on the Receiver. Sure would be nice to listen to concert broadcasts through the Marantz and Heresy's. Any input would be welcome. Thanks

From the looks of this photo of 2285 that I nabbed off a Google search, you have two tape monitor loops and one aux. All those inputs should be the same. Suggest you hook up as follows

Cassette deck to tape mon 1 (rec/play)

CD player to tape mon 1 play only

Sony TV to Aux.

Doug, the solution is a simple one. Go to eBay and pick yourself up a DBX 200XG or 200X Program Route Selector it occupies a single tape loop but provides you with 3 processor loops, a noise reduction loop, and 3 source loops to use and switch between. The best part is the 200X/200XG require no power to operate they are strictly passive units. Make sure that the one you buy has the 4 "U" shaped jumper pins still in the noise reduction loop so it can pass signal from the processor loops to the source loops if needed. You can also get the fancier model the 400X or 400XG they require power to illuminate the signal path and buttons that are active but will still work without being plugged in. The power is only for the lighting. The 400X/400XG does require the jumper pins.

That will solve your problem and set you back less than $50 or so.

http://cgi.ebay.com/dbx-Model-200X-Program-Route-Switcher-Selector_W0QQitemZ120413747480QQcmdZViewItemQQptZLH_DefaultDomain_2?hash=item120413747480&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14&_trkparms=72%3A1205%7C66%3A2%7C65%3A12%7C39%3A1%7C240%3A1318%7C301%3A1%7C293%3A1%7C294%3A50