Just curious about commercial crossovers

Crossman

Before anyone starts hurling invectives my way, I just want to clarify that I am only intellectually (I use that word loosely) curious. My curiosity is: Why are the commercial crossovers (eg the Eminence brand sold by Parts Express at around $50.00) so cheap? Are they sold so cheap because they are cheap? Do they actually work as advertised?

I currently have Alk crossovers. Before buying Al's kit I took his parts list and located every part and the price. The result - for a few dollars more I could just get the kit from Al and save myself a lot of headache. I don't know how you do it Al but thanks.

Guest David H

Before buying Al's kit I took his parts list and located every part and the price. The result - for a few dollars more I could just get the kit from Al and save myself a lot of headache.

Looks like we have this in common, I looked high and low for better pricing, and the only way I cold better his prices was to use inferior parts, and order from multiple suppliers, just not worth it.

Cheap crossover - Fine for some applications, but you get what you pay for.

The answer to getting the crossover parts at a low price is simple. You buy them in quantity! I'm about to order 26 24 uF Sonicaps from GR Research for the Universal network I build as finished units. The price is $588.02 including shipping. That's $22.12 each. They will cost you $31.60 each if you only bought 4! So all you need to do to get the parts cheap is to build 10 sets instad of one!

AL k.