should I pull the trigger on some KG 5.5 speakers?

superedge88

I may have found an awesome deal on some practically new KG 5.5 speakers. My only question is how much should I pay (they are black veneer) and they are in excellent condition. Also, would this be a good upgrade from my rf-3 speakers? Would I HAVE to get a new center? I love that the KG 5.5 speakers are ported in the front, because I can't pull my speakers very far from the wall and with the front port this would be a non issue. Thanks for any advice guys!

$350 tops. The KG series hasn't held its value as good as other models have.

I wouldn't consider it an upgrade, a lateral move at best. Obviously you wouldn't have to get a new center speaker but if you want everything to sound its best you'll want to change to something like the KV2 or KV3.

• 2 weeks later...

That is what I did , I had 4xRF -3`s they where great speakers , but I wanted more bass & tamer high`s , so I gambled & got a set of KG 5.5`s they where cheaper then going for the RF-7`s , It was defiantly an upgrade -man can they putout some bass , the mids & highs are excellent also -not bright like the 3`s where , I was final able to buy 2 more + a KV-4 for the center ,now I`m in audio/video nirvana , it`s one of the best things I did for my system getting the KG 5.5`s , there is one thing you will need to check though - this only happened to one of my 5.5`s ,but the glue failed & the back panel came lose on one of the KG`s so I had to re-glue it ,not a big deal .but you will want check & thus far non of my other 3 KG`s has this problem so other then that one problem they have been perfect in every respect for music & movies , If you can get them for $400 or less IMO they are well worth it .