This is getting serious, end it will you? - my opinion

deaf guy

Just to let you know Ive own the Promedia 4.1 when they first came out and they still sound good with no defects. Lucky me. enjoying them ever since but the recent post in the 4.1 forum of sets going bad and previous surge of 5.1(some are stilling popping up revision k? sets going bad has bother me allot and my mind.

Im seeing so many complaints of bad sets. And Im still seeing them. When will it end? I have no idea. When will it end Klipsch? Granted this is the company's forum and this is a place to get help but never the less, its seems like a big problem to me.

The word has gotten out already Klipsch. Users (me) have warned potential customers (friends) of their problems. Users (me) can't whole-heartedly recommend the Promedia line because of these "bad batches" that keep on popping up. I can't whole-heartedly recommend Klipsch to my friends because I don't want to put them through the trouble and hassle that some of the other people have had. Some have gone through 3 sets (now I know that is one of the extreme cases that Ive seen on the boards)? I could understand if it was from the same batch, but if it wasn't then that's just unethical and horrible.

------------------------------------------------------

Anybody remember the Intel Pentium ordeal?

Basically Intel had a flaw in the new Pentium chip's floating Point Unit. The flaw as detectable by the user when using double-precision arithmetic (common operation). Standard test were used to find the flaw. A spreadsheet was used to find the flaw. When the number 4,195,835 is multiplied by 3,145,727 and divided by 3,145,727 is should be 4,195,835. But with the flawed cpu the number came out to 4,195,579. Hopefully most of us know that a number "n" multiplied by "x" and divided by "x" should be "n".

Intel first denied the problem even existed, and then when more problems showed up and it was clear that there was a problem, Intel switched their stance, and claimed that the defect was insignificant and most will never notice the problem. (It was a .006% error) with the above spreadsheet problem).

Intel would only replace those chips whose users could prove that they needed the unflawed chip. Sad thing is that they sold over 2 million defective pcs. Most customers weren't satisfied with this "fix".

IBM one of Intel's major users cancelled all of the pcs with the flawed Intel cpus (shows how much IBM cared for their users back then cwm1.gif). Finally after allot of negative publicity Intel offered to replace any flawed chip if the customer asked for it.

Sad thing was that Intel new about the flawed chips before the news even surfaced about it. They remedied the problem, but they still sold the flawed processors waiting for the new version to be available while the stock of the flawed ones would run out.

What did Intel learn? Problems need to be fixed immediately and that decision will be based on the consumers view of how serious the problem is, rather then Intels own view.

------------------------------------------------------

That is almost parallel to what I am seeing here and now. But the end of the story is up to Klipsch and how they choose to fix the problems. Learn the hard way or use the lessons that Intel has learned.

What am I asking here? Make me believe that these problems are only a fraction of a percent of what comes out of the factory. I believe that most people here want to know the magical numbers. The official failure rates.

If you say that it isn't that bad then shut us up by showing us the numbers. I see no harm in doing this. If it is as good as you say then the failure rates will only strength your name and reputation. Must I bring in how Bridgestone spent 1 billion dollars fighting in court in the Firestone tire ordeal?

i can understand if you aren't under liberty to give them up. but hey i won't know unless i ask right?

Reading all these complaints, failures, and DoA is depressing. One can't defend a castle that is dying from the inside can he? (Get my symbolism?) Klipsch has probably loss some customers from the negative threads.

Maybe Im asking/expecting too much from Klipsch? Am I? I know that no one is perfect and I can understand that, but i think this is too much to push aside.

I would like to remind Klipsch that most users have brand loyalty. Don't screw us; don't screw with your customers. They are the ones that you should treat well. Why?

Example:

Kid finds amazing reviews on the web about some cool computer speakers. He buys em and it turns out to be great and amazing full of hard-hitting sound. It just blows him away b/c he's never hear "music" before only sound. The name Klipsch instills in his mind. He later grows up and has a decent job and decides to go for HT. Where does he turn to? Hmm. maybe the brand that has faithfully served him through his childhood years.

point is that if you impress us now and serve us well you will have us eating out of your hands for life.c> well most of us...cwm1.gif

Ive heard you guys have great customer service and the wonderful Amy to help with any problems and Justin too. But thats not where the problem is, its in the product itself not the service.

What was that saying?

If a customer has a bad experience with some product he will tell 10 people of his bad experience while if he had a great experience with a product he will tell 2 people. I know its hard uphill battle but once youre up there you are up there.

Wow I dumped out my feelings for Klipsch.

Come on Klipsch I don't want to see your name tainted by these "bad batches". Fix it and prove it.

Im pretty sure that some people agree with me right?

-Concerned Customer

edit: why do these expression faces come up so big...

------------------

bass beats melody

This message has been edited by deaf guy on 02-20-2002 at 09:57 PM

Very well thought out article, magazine quality!

Ok, look at it this way. When the v2.400 came out, my first ProMedia system, tons were sold, lets just say 250,000 (numbers really don't matter here). And It was not often that I ever read a speaker problem on the forum till some people started to have the control pod problem which Klipsch happily sent out new control pods to the problemed users. But ohter than that, the problems did not show up often. Then the 2.1 and 4.1 came out. Now you are getting TWO more 'shipments' (Smile.gif) of new ProMedia users, possibly doubling or tripling the amount of owners, which doubles or triples the report of problem sets. So, say we would have 1 problem a week withthe v2.400's, now you read 2-3 a week (remember, the numbers are just for kicks and giggles, no where near the amount sold and whatnot). Then a real problem popped up with the ProMedia 5.1 with the hybrid transister problem and the shipping problem (packaging was not sufficient). So, the problems started to pour in for the 5.1's only... Klipsch as now fixed this and it is probably 1 problem a week for new PM 5.1 sets, and more often than not it is a computer conflict.

So, yes, you might be reading more problems, but the klipsch promedia ownership has grown quite a bit since the v2.400. Everything is realative, more customers, the more broken setes, but your failure rate does not go up because you have more successful sets.

------------------

-justin

I am an amateur, if it is professional;

ProMedia help you want email Amy or call her @ 1-888-554-5665 or for an RA# 1-888-554-5665

Klipsch Home Audio help you want, email support@klipsch.com or call @ 1-800-KLIPSCH

RA# Fax Number=317-860-9140 / Parts Department Fax Number=317-860-9150

ProMedia 5.1 Placement Help s>

I just multiplied 69 times 69.... result is 4761. my wife is still happy with my performance and that of the of the Promedia 4.1's.

all the math in the world still indicates that the square root of sixty nine is "8 something"

I own KG3 and KG5. both rocking for over 10 years.... I mean ROCKING!~

I think if I have a ***** with Klipsch, it would be that their speakers did not blow up soon enough so I could buy another set.

La Scala's under construction....lol

rock on....

timmy

------------------

I like them french fried potaters....mmmmhhhhmmmm

Being able to admit you have a problem is the first step toward recovery ...Everyone keeps denying there is even a problem. Sure, Mark originally said there was one batch early on that had 100 defective speakers in it. cwm25.gif Come on! Admit you have a problem, fix it and move on. Stop outsourcing you products Klipsch. When you start outsourcing your "adult speaker lines" and they all turn up to be defective you're going to have more of a problem than a bunch of zit faced kids whining on a message board.

title.jpg

This message has been edited by BigBusa on 03-05-2002 at 11:19 PM

quote:

Originally posted by BigBusa:

When you start outsourcing your "adult speaker lines" and they all turn up to be defective you're going to have more of a problem than a bunch of zit faced kids whining on a message board.

and that is why we have you Smile.gif

------------------

-justin

ProMedia 5.1 Tech Help

I am an amateur, if it is professional;

ProMedia help you want email Amy or call her @ 1-888-554-5665 or for an RA# 800-554-7724 ext 5

Klipsch Home Audio help you want, email support@klipsch.com or call @ 1-800-KLIPSCH

RA# Fax Number=317-860-9140 / Parts Department Fax Number=317-860-9150s>