seeking advice KLIPSCH RF 3 II or newer RF-7's or RF-82

Just signed in to read forums and to get some sort of idea on what to get my son (graduating college) Leaving for 6 yrs grad school at Northwestern, live in Pa. Were my wife wants to get a 50" TV and playstation III. He's a great kid. I introduced him to my music Albums, tube equipment etc...2 years ago he bought his 1st turntable and an old Mcintosh receiver in need of repair, and fixed it himself. If he has any faults (if you want to call it that) He is very cheap, he appreciates fine audio but would never spend any money even on himself. I just purchased a MC240 MAC tube amp and looking for speakers from what I have been reading Klipsch w/their horns are a pretty good deal. I know he will flip when he sees the MC280 I seen a set of RF-7’s here. Worked on by DeanG (sent a message have not heard back yet) also found a nice RF3 II for $600. (need to got to Brooklyn to pick up). But I am leaning towards a set of either RS-83 or RS-82’sThe RF-83 are new B stock for $1099each. free delivery (only 4 sets left so I have to make a decision right away) The RF-82 I can also get for around $800 new. Money is always an issue but for $1099each. I do not know if I could pass that up.The best deal by far is the RF-83’ but B stock is concerning. I like the RF 3’s (best price but have to drive to NY), Any advice would be greatly appreciatedThanks To All Great Job You Are Doing HereKevin

Welcome to the forum....

Well I know of one member that had purchased RF-83's for his dorm room and his room mate messed them up, not bad but for what they cost, not cool. Just a thought, how about used Heresy. You can find them under $500 and they would be a great match plus they don't have to much bottom end the annoy the neighbors while he jams out.

James

What does DeanG do are his upgrades expensive, make much of a differance?

Congratulations on your son's graduation! Reports I have read on DeanG's crossover network upgrades for Klipsch speakers have been favorable.

That "B" stock deal does sound incredible, almost too good to be true (and you know what they say about that). If it's not from an authorized dealer, I'd steer clear. If you decide on the RF-83 or other new Klipsch speakers, my advice would be shop at the nearby dealers and cut the best deal you can, pick them up and deliver them. That "D" stock thing sounds like it's wide open to problems from DOA, damaged, defective, disappointment...graduation is almost here and you don't want to be dealing with returns and insurance claims instead of happy times. The TV and PS3 are good ideas too! The logistics of delivering a 50" flat screen and game console are much simpler than lugging 100 lb speakers around.

The RF-83- He is listed on Klipsch's website as an authotized dealer. I called them he says they had 4 sets as of Saturday he does not show them on the floor he does not advertise them, but has them on his website so unless someone asks for them he will not push them (I think he likes to use for a come-on to get you into the store) he told me that Klipsch sends them to his store. They come boxed from factory with full warrantee.

This is what it states for B stock

*B Stock items are products that cannot be sold as new. In one way, or another, they have either been returned by a customer, a dealer, a distributor, a reviewer, our engineering department or any number of scenarios that prohibit us from calling them new. B Stock items are guaranteed to be in perfect working order unless otherwise noted in the description.

If it's the same website I saw, it's $1099 each, not per pair. Regular price on the RF-83 is $1399 each.

The dealer I got mine from tells me they get to him by freight on pallets. If you have them shipped by UPS or FedEx Ground, they will be handled individually increasing the risk of tipping over or dropping. He made me a better deal than that on new speakers, so I still say find a dealer and pick them up. If he can include "free" shipping, there's enough wiggle room in his price to get them under $2k/pair if you are picking them up.