Finish on the Legend Series...

chuckears

A spanking new KLF-C7, medium oak, sits over the tube; I am familiar with how to care for my oiled oak Fortes, but I have not read any instructions on how the finish on the Legend speakers should be cared for... it appears to have a polyurethane finish, so wood oil seems to be out of the question.

Any advice?

------------------

Klipsch Fortes, Oiled Oak

Klipsch KLF-C7 Center Channel

McCormack DNA-1 Power Amp

McCormack TLC Pre-Amp

Sony 5-disc changer

NHT SA3 Subwoofer Amp

Hsu TN1220 Subwoofer

Old Akai cassette Deck

Akai AAR22 used as tuner

Nordost Solar Wind interconnects

Kimber 4TC Speaker Cable

(Future upgrades to include):

Klipsch RS-3 Surrounds

Outlaw 1050 AV Receiver

Hey Chuck,

I have a pair of Oak KG4s which I believe is the same finish as yours. How does the Med Oak finish on the C7 compared to the Forte's? Is the C7 lighter or darker? The Klipsch Photo Gallery for the Oak KLFs doesn't distinguish if it is Med or Light Oak (both appear to be the same).

------------------

Oak KG4 (Mains)

BLK KLF-C7 (Center)

KSB 1.1 (Rears)

SVS 2039PC

Onkyo TX-DS898

& various components!

JohnL,

My KLF-C7 is listed as "Medium Oak" on the box... the finish is slightly lighter than my oiled oak Fortes, but it is a pretty close match.

BTW, I recently took a lot of forum members' advice, and began using Watco Rejuvenating Oil on my Fortes;

the results are great. They look like they did out of the box 13 years ago, perhaps better. I can heartily endorse the product, but good luck finding it. I ordered it on-line, after a couple of searches netted a way-too-high shipping cost ($10 shipping for 1 quart? I don't think so...)

------------------

Klipsch Fortes, Oiled Oak

Klipsch KLF-C7 Center Channel

McCormack DNA-1 Power Amp

McCormack TLC Pre-Amp

Sony 5-disc changer

NHT SA3 Subwoofer Amp

Hsu TN1220 Subwoofer

Old Akai cassette Deck

Akai AAR22 used as tuner

Nordost Solar Wind interconnects

Kimber 4TC Speaker Cable

(Future upgrades to include):

Klipsch RS-3 Surrounds

Outlaw 1050 AV Receiver

I've been using Watco Rejuv since '90 even on my "Medium Oak"Academy(when I had one)didn't seem to make any diffrence what I used on it.Pledge would be my suggestion.

My '77 K-Horns had been waxed to death by someone and even Watco hasn't removed it.HELP!!!!me with removing it the EASY way.I hate "elbow gease".After lots of work with steelwool and Watco one top looks great,but started getting too close to the plywood.

Sorry for butting in on the post with a different one.

I agree with what Watco does.Bought some "never used anything on them"Fortes and they were so very happy with the Watco treatment.Looked like new when done.Even new owner thought so.

This message has been edited by Steve P on 02-24-2002 at 03:14 PM

Steve, the experts say VM&P naptha will remove the wax buid-up without hurting the finish(sounds like a TV commercial,huh).I've yet to try it.Let me know if it ruins the finish and I'll try something else!

Keith

PS. I'm serious about the naptha.