Sansui with Klipsch

• 2 weeks later...

A Sansui 9090db with La Scala, Cornwalls and Heresy's = ear bleeder. I've had and listened extensively to all the combos afore mentioned. I had thought the 9090ddb was good at the time, but boy was I wrong, in fact, I was very wrong. Bottom line, get a good tube amp(s) and never look back.

may the flames begin :)

No flames here...I never listened to my Cornwalls with the G-7000, so I cannot comment on pierced eardrums! I do know my G-7000 sounded smooth with my now-sold RB-75s though...no harshness whatsoever! I'm just sayin'...

A Sansui 9090db with La Scala, Cornwalls and Heresy's = ear bleeder. I've had and listened extensively to all the combos afore mentioned. I had thought the 9090ddb was good at the time, but boy was I wrong, in fact, I was very wrong. Bottom line, get a good tube amp(s) and never look back.

may the flames begin :)

Thats odd...In my experience with sansui.... I have a set of H I's hooked up to a Sansui Au-7900 thats really smooth....nicer than with a MC 2505 .

Also had a Sansui Au-11000 with cornwalls that was very nice....and I'm a tube guy!!!

the 9090db is from the same era/build type as my au's....possible that your 9090 needed a tune up????

No flame or criticism meant.... just not in my experience with vintage Sansui, so i'm puzzled is all....

I have a 9090 (not db) that was a shop machine before I go ahold of it, cleaned out literally an inch of saw dust and put nearly a can of DeOxit into the pots, and now it sings with a pair of recapped Heresys - I have recapped all of the large caps on my 5000X Sansui (which was immaculate due to being put back in the original styro clam-shell in 76 and never opened again) and it is smooth and brings in stations like a champ.

However, you must check that offset; I think that was one of the reasons that initially my Sansui's did not sound very good - the offset was way way off - I adjusted them and never looked back. The 9090 is a fine piece of work for Klipsch, in my opinion.

B