Has Anyone Used a Velodyne SMS-1 or Similar to Set Up Subs?

nola

I got an email from Outlaw Audio. They have the SMS-1 on sale for $399 (I think its usually $550-600 at various places). Has anyone used this or some similar product to set subs up a room? Both of my receivers have a microphone equalizer system, but likely not very robust compared to this, and these systems are for entire 5.1 type setup. Having mult subs in the main room makes using the automated set up in the OA 990, well, a bit of a pain.

My ears seem to like things as is. But improvement would always be welcome. And it is 400 bucks....

http://velodyne.com/products/product.aspx?ID=15&sid=437k412n

Thx

I used this for my Sunfire IV pre amp. (non HDMI and Non Blue ray specs too.)

Sunfire pre amps are tricky in that the signal out is not up to THX ultra 2 specs (Not hot enough) to drive the Klipsch THX 120 subs with the Klipsch KA-1000 THX amp.

You could get a cheap mixer that would boost it, but also make it possibly noisy too.

Enter the SMS 1

Home run, and like you said, great EQ for the subs. I coudl go on and on... Yadda yada yadda... It is a fantastic unit and calibration tool!

My theater now rocks!

thx

we have until 6 14, when sale ends.

btw - are you having any mind blowing or (sub blowing :(( ) events next weekend?

it was fun last year and your family was wonderful in letting us trapes through your lovely place.

• 2 weeks later...