What is it with the Jerks on E-bay.

theplummer

Well.....FWIW, I too have felt a bit put-off by someone stating that low or no feedback bidders not accepted. I can see it from the sellers perspective. However it does make me feel like, "What?? Am I or my money not as good as the next guy's?" Like plummer, I haven't bought too many items off eBay and in some cases went directly to a sellers store.

Tom

Well, now the plot thickens, I had placed the items on my watch list from the get go. I noticed now that not only is there a single $50.00 bid on the remote, there is now a single bid on the non functioning pro-logic unit, for,,,, you guessed it $50.00. And to top it off, this bidder has a ZERO feedback. I have a feeling this clown is listing his items for sale, waiting a short time and then placing bids on other ebay accounts that he or friends have, to drive the price up from the begining. To me this would be Shill bidding, and since you can no longer view who the parties are that are bidding, unless your the seller, you cannot bail on a product that some clown is trying to drive his own price up.

Even if he gets no more bids, and has to pay the seller fees, it's minimal at a $50.00 starting price. He's guaranteeing to get at least 1/2 of new price just by doing so, even if there is only one more bidder upping the bid by One dollar.

I wish I could verify mu suspicions here.

Since now with the new ebay rules that will not even allow a seller to leave negative feedback for a buyer, sellers have become a lot more careful about who they allow to bid.

Since when? And Why can't you?

That makes absolutely NO sense. If I sold something and a jerk failed to properly pay for it, why can't I give him negative feedback?

I just avoid doing any business on there, I'll look through posts to get an idea of what people are selling stuff for, but I also take that with a grain of salt. Some people have really good luck at buying and selling stuff on there, but I wouldn't subject myself to those jerks that are on there.

Well.....FWIW, I too have felt a bit put-off by someone stating that low or no feedback bidders not accepted. I can see it from the sellers perspective. However it does make me feel like, "What?? Am I or my money not as good as the next guy's?" Like plummer, I haven't bought too many items off eBay and in some cases went directly to a sellers store.

Tom

Well, now the plot thickens, I had placed the items on my watch list from the get go. I noticed now that not only is there a single $50.00 bid on the remote, there is now a single bid on the non functioning pro-logic unit, for,,,, you guessed it $50.00. And to top it off, this bidder has a ZERO feedback. I have a feeling this clown is listing his items for sale, waiting a short time and then placing bids on other ebay accounts that he or friends have, to drive the price up from the begining. To me this would be Shill bidding, and since you can no longer view who the parties are that are bidding, unless your the seller, you cannot bail on a product that some clown is trying to drive his own price up.

Even if he gets no more bids, and has to pay the seller fees, it's minimal at a $50.00 starting price. He's guaranteeing to get at least 1/2 of new price just by doing so, even if there is only one more bidder upping the bid by One dollar.

I wish I could verify mu suspicions here.

I'm sorry plummer....I was just trying to be funny by posting that bid for those remotes.

Just kiddin'......just kiddin'.

BTW - most of the items I've bought off eBay have been a Buy It Now thing. If the price was something I thought was fair, I just bought the silly thing versus trying to win a bid.

Tom

Since now with the new ebay rules that will not even allow a seller to leave negative feedback for a buyer, sellers have become a lot more careful about who they allow to bid.

Since when? And Why can't you?

That makes absolutely NO sense. If I sold something and a jerk failed to properly pay for it, why can't I give him negative feedback?

Been that way for quite some time now.

From ebay:

How Feedback works
For each transaction, buyers and sellers can choose to rate each other by leaving Feedback. Feedback from buyers can consist of a positive, negative or neutral rating, and a short comment. Feedback from sellers can consist of a positive rating and a short comment. These ratings are used to determine Feedback Scores.

To clarify Bob's statement that sellers can block "any user for any reason," Ebay allows sellers to block bids from up to 5000 specific bidders, using their Ebay names/user IDs. This seems appropriate after a known bidder has caused problems, as in the case of nonpayers, or other troublesome actions, for the seller in question or other previous sellers. I suppose a seller could look up the feedback of a bidder, and if any past comments looked problematic, they could then cancel the bid and block the bidder. Regrettably, I suppose a seller could also block a bidder who has yet to bid but asks a strange question. Sellers can also block bidders based on several categorical filters, such as anyone with zero feedback, anyone with nonpayment "strikes," lives outside of US, etc.

By the way, just in case you think as a seller that you can leave a positive feedback for a sorry buyer but make the comment negative, ebay has a rule to also prevent that.

Feedback comments containing any of the following are not permitted:

Negative statements left for a buyer that conflict with the positive rating

So, like I said earlier, a seller can only leave positive feedback for a buyer and also the comment MUST be positive. So looking at a buyer's feedback now is not something that really tells the seller anything about the buyer. It is impossible for there to be anything but good stuff there if the person is only a buyer.

By the way, just in case you think as a seller that you can leave a positive feedback for a sorry buyer but make the comment negative, ebay has a rule to also prevent that.

Feedback comments containing any of the following are not permitted:

Negative statements left for a buyer that conflict with the positive rating

So, like I said earlier, a seller can only leave positive feedback for a buyer and also the comment MUST be positive. So looking at a buyer's feedback now is not something that really tells the seller anything about the buyer. It is impossible for there to be anything but good stuff there if the person is only a buyer.

So, make the feedback "postively negative" Like, " A++++ jerk, eventually paid, with problems, Love BEC!"[:D]