Good Subwoofer cable (long 40+ feet) that won't break the bank?

Starting to hook up new system in my new home. I am putting it into a room that the previous owners used for HT; however, it poses some interesting wiring challenges and I need a pretty long connection for the sub...but I don't want to spend too much if I can keep from it.

Does anyone have any suggestions?

BTW, great prices there on other products. I need to order more speaker wire and can't believe their prices. I am thinking about just getting one of their 250 or 300 ft rolls to allow me to do all my speakers.

A couple of quick questions: Is there any real difference between in-wall and non inwall speaker wire? Several of the wires will be run in wall. Lastly, what gauge? The furthest speakers will need 40-60 feet of wire fished through the walls. 12,14,16?

Thanks again for the monoprice link

no prob man. it's a place many of use here.

i always suggest 12awg. the fact that you are going to be 60' i feel you really need 12awg.

i didn't by the CL2 (in wall) rated wire and ran it. i had it in speaker tubes, but what i did find out is, the non CL2 rated stuff doesn't slide well. if i would have know that i may have spent the extra money and got the CL2 rated stuff.

i would get the CL2 rated wire. it's twisted so it helps keep out emi/rmi.

i've found monoprice has the best stuff at the best prices. i love their HDMI cables because they are catagory 2 rated which means they can acheive speeds that blu-ray hasn't invented yet! can't beat 24awg triple shieled either!

thats not a bad one. monoprice has one for .46 cents. i think you may have to call them. i looked around and didn't see it. it's a simple female to 2 male. if you are ordering the sub cable then it's no biggie to order the y adapter with it. i use to have a monster one, not the one pictured by wuzzer, but it worked well. it cost me $15.

Thanks for all the info. I put an order in at monoprice for the subwoofer cables, speaker wire, hdmi, y adapters etc.

I can't believe how little I spent for how much I got.

Wuzzer-thanks for the offer, but I think I am set right now.

I appreciate all the help...this site is the best!

Some of these so-called audiophiles are just in a holding pattern for the freakshow airport. I got a tube output buffer the other day, which is a useful piece, and was reading after some of these guys who were saying they had the same gear but that they had improved the performance of it materially by changing out the power cord for a different low-oxygen variety or something, and were advocating spending $75.00 for a wire to hook it up to the power company's Alternating Current electricity. What I wonder is what these people do when faced with the necessity of buying toilet paper?

Chuck