Photos of Iranian post-election riots

sputnik

The freedoms they want is exactly what you said "they are seeking such things as doing away with head veils, and the morality policing, and so on" which I believe to be basic freedoms that people have, to choose how to live their lives.

You look at the situation as Liberal vs Conservative and I look at it as a religous dictatorship vs people who want freedoms to live their lives the way they want or practice a religion the way they want. It is both of these.

Your right this happens in all the countries around the world wether it is politcal or religioius, I guess in many countries it is both. I look at it as the Old vs the new, ancient vs modern,etc especially in the Middle East. I guess this will go on thru out history.

You don't see this kind of ground swell activity often. This doesn't seem to show any signs of letting up.

Dangerous, but some real potential for at least fair elections.Who knows what else.

From what I understand, Mousavi wouldn't be that much different than the current president. But he would be a more polite hardliner.

Wow md,don't you ever give that *** a rest? I presume you subscribe to the Jimmy Carter theory of dealing with Iran? Reagan said the USSR was the evil empire,the people believed it,it fell,Bush said Irans leaders were part of the axis of evil,maybe it's sinkin' in.Can't you just be encouraged that maybe somehow there may be light at the end of the tunnel? Can't you just comment on current events and spare us your political jabs?

That is a comment on current events. Currently we are showering love on people that the leaders of the opposition party wanted to incinerate with nuclear bombs just months ago. I made the comment because it was important. It points out clearly that a lot of our top leadership are reckless irresponsible fear mongers with a dangerous inability to understand the shape of the world around them.

Don't presume. I favor allowing Iran to deal with Iran, just as I hope Iranians favor allowing the U.S. to deal with our own conditions. Right now it stands like this:

# of people killed by U.S. Nukes = 200,000

# of peope killed by Iranian Nukes = 0

# of Nukes Detonated by U.S. = 1,054

# of Nukes Detonated by Iran = 0

# of Nukes in the U.S. arsenal: 12,000

# of Nukes in the Iranian arsenal: 0

So, when you get right down to it, I'm not that worried about THEM.

Your little statisitical trist is pointless, you equate Iran's reason's for wishing to posses this weapon with ours. We used an atomic weapon to end a war they want one to start it (if you do not belive that just listen ot the very words of their persident with regardfs to Israel). Same with N. Korea. You crack me up you loose validity with every post when you do crap like this.

# of people killed by U.S. Nukes = 200,000

"

"

# of Nukes Detonated by U.S. = 1,054

"

# of Nukes in the U.S. arsenal: 12,000

Hey Mark, next time you quote numbers like the above, can you also put them in the proper historical perspective. As an Asian American born and raised in Asia, experiencing the cultural revolution first hand, have direct family members severely impacted by Japanese imperial troops AND having a wife that grew up under Soviet oppression. I personally find the quoting of numbers such as the above and giving the impression that the US is somehow evil for having done them is offensive to me. What alternative reality would you rather have?

Having done fairly well for myself here and having the opportunity to work as an expat in over 25 countries and many continents. I still kiss the ground (figuratively) everytime I land in US soil. I thank God for having the opportunity and priviledge of living in the US.

Can we please keep this as an audio forum and leave the politics out?