strange hissing problem

jake069

Somewhere around "Gabriel11" and "Flyguy" the thread turned into a crackling/static problem. Two posters with Audigys and Klipsch speakers. I however, chimed in and relayed that I had taken out my Audigy and still was having the same problem with the onboard audio. So I don't think it's the soundcard since I don't have one installed anymore.

Then we exhcnaged in a wonderful diatribe about "o'clock's" and describing settings. Most stereos have a knob with 0 at one end and 10 at the other. I guess that's too hard to understand. I said whatever and told you TWICE that the distortion happens when "surround" is turned less than halfway up and more like around "9 o'clock". Personally I think I should be able to turn the surround knob anywhere I want without having to listen to static.

You still didn't get it and continued to rant about "o'clocks" and that I should mute everything and listen for the "HISS". NO more hiss Justin, it's static/distortion now remember? Once again, I experience staic when music is PLAYING. That's what speakers are for.

The surround knob causes it and so does moving the fade/balance. It seems that powering all 4 satellites EQUALLY causes static/"bad sound". Which very well may be a Klipsch problem.

On a sidenote just for future reference you might understand that there are 2 ways to say things. Here's an example:

1. ...you're not making any sense....

2. ...i'm not understanding you....

They seem like the same thing yet have subtle differences. Just because YOU didn't understand my post doesn't necessarily mean I wasn't making any sense. Ok?

I know you're a good kid and trying to help. Maybe you just happened to stay up too late saturday night? LOL

Just so you realize I'm not your grandmother I'll give a brief resume:

US Air Force-Satellite/Wideband Communicaitions-10 years

MCI Worldcom-Installation/Maintenance Tech-2 Years

Hawaii Satellite Tracking station-Controller/Technician

Present-?

I'm in the golf ball

Take it easy,

Lee

yes, it was late, but whatever. i hav eopen many postings that i work on, sorry i get the two mixed up but you did not even start this topic, which was about an audigy having static.

start your problem over in a new post, it is too confusing here.

and i too am not stupid. i have been working with computers sice kindergarden when i started my first computer classes and since then have been working for my dad's audio.video.photography company, i am not stupid.

btw, my brother is in teh air force at texas atm corp of cadets.

------------------

-justin

SoundWise Support

A technical help site created by me and my fellow Klipschers

I am an amateur, if it is professional;

ProMedia help you want email Amy or call her @ 1-888-554-5665 or for an RA# 800-554-7724 ext 5

Klipsch Home Audio help you want, email support@klipsch.com or call @ 1-800-KLIPSCH

RA# Fax Number=317-860-9140 / Parts Department Fax Number=317-860-9150s>

quote:

Originally posted by Leeb18509:

Try not to be so defensive.

hard not to be defensive when it seems i always have to defend myself.

------------------

-justin

SoundWise Support

ProMedia help you want email Amy or call her @ 1-888-554-5665 or for an RA# 800-554-7724 ext 5

Klipsch Home Audio help you want, email support@klipsch.com or call @ 1-800-KLIPSCH

One day you might figure out why that is.

I'll leave out the compliments from now on since you obviously have tunnel vision. People might be more accepting of your advice if you learned to spell better, use punctuation and the "shift" key once in awhile. If you say you just type fast then you should be better at it after 6000 posts.

The number of people that attack me is quite small, but it is the number of times that I am attacked that I don't like. Correct me if I am wrong, but you were quite defensive also. You started the defence in the first place, and why is it bad to be defensive again? I have never been told to not defend myself. I admit my typing is not perfect, but puncuation, and capital letters to me comes second to getting the info out in a timely manner. Never miss typed something like do not open the sub and make it open the sub. Most of the time it is the as teh, to as ot, or the usb as th eusb. But when in context, you can easily decode it. That just comes from missing the space bar and whatnot. Am I or anyone else writing a term paper on the BB? Don't think so. Don't get me wrong, we should not waste away our language to nothing, but in these situations, they are minor mistakes that everyone makes. I am not illiterate. I made a 1260 on the SAT as a sophomore and am taking all the AP/College Credit courses I can at my high school, keeping a near perfect GPA of 5.887 out of a possible 6.000. Since you can't attack my knowlege, you attack my spelling... whatever.

On a friendlier note, what island do you live on? We have a house on Kona.

------------------

-justin

SoundWise Support

quote:

Originally posted by justin_tx_16:

I am not illiterate. I made a 1260 on the SAT as a sophomore and am taking all the AP/College Credit courses I can at my high school, keeping a near perfect GPA of 5.887 out of a possible 6.000. Since you can't attack my knowlege, you attack my spelling... whatever.

On a friendlier note, what island do you live on? We have a house on Kona.

I wrote this 3 posts ago:Relax Justin, I'm not questioning your knowledge thus far or your dedication(to this NG). You're obviously very mechanically and electronically inclined. I will keep an eye out for similar threads and maybe start a new one.

Did you miss this or what?

Your school work sounds exemplery. I also took plenty of AP classes in highschool. Back in the 80's. I'm afraid I haven't been using computers since kindergarten though, as they were slightly more expensive back in 1975.

We live on Oahu.

Lee, justin learned his customer service run-a-round tactics from Amy.

He's doing quite well. Most just get frustrated and end up agreeing with him at some point. You have my utmost admiration for being able to hang in there with the best smooth talker on the board! At least he didn't have you buying an EMI filter hoping to stop the defective speakers from hissing. cwm25.gif

• Moderators

Let's take the personal issues to the private messages, please.

I apologize if I've appeared to have given you "the runaround" on any problems you are having with your ProMedias, BigBusa. That certainly wasn't my intent, and I think everyone who has delt with me directly can agree. Oh, wait, you've never had any ProMedias. My mistake.

------------------

Amy

ProMedia Tech Support

promediatech@klipsch.com