sub-10 problems please help me

Hi, I have a klipsch sub-10 subwoofer that is making a very weird electronic rattle noise that is coming from the woofer, not the amplifier, however I have replaced the woofer, and it still makes the sound, it is hard to explain the sound, but it is very annoying. Has anybody else had this problem? please help me.

Hi,are you sure it's coming from the woofer? Is there any chance it's something in the cabinet? I would check all wiring inside the cabinet(assuming it's out of warranty,otherwise call Klipsch).I suppose the amp could also put out noise if defective.The sub 10 amp has been known to blow.Generally when you hear an amp go it's followed by no noise at all.

Thank you for the quick reply, I have replaced the woofer with a brand new one. I am still getting the sound, I have taken the amp out to see if anything is loose and there are no loose objects in the cabinet, I might just upgrade to the sub-12, is this a better idea than purchasing a new subwoofer amp? And if so, how much more power am i going to get out of the sub-12, I listen to rap and like deep punchy bass.

I consider the sub 12 a much better sub all the way around than the 10.You might call Klipsch and price an amp if you're sure the woofer is good though.For under $300 the sub 12 is worthy.Another great choice is the reference 12" subs,new or used.Good luck.

I have found the problem, I took the amp out of the enclosure and found that the positive and negative wiring on the amp going to the subwoofer were loose, this caused the wires to touch under the vibration. But all is good now, I have fixed the problem. And to answer your last question I keep the gain at 80%. Thanks for the help guys.