The Best Home Subs in the world

Youngklip

These top 3 are the best in the world. I will not say how much they cost since there prices change due to dealers.

The best is Whise Profounder 616A 2800 watts rms 4 15" 125db at 15hz 2.Krell Master Reference 2600 watts RMS dual 15" 3" inch excursions 1 inch solid Aluminum chassis 120db at 20hz 3. Bag End Quartz-1 1600 RMS with 4 18" Flat response at 18hz with there outboard Crossover

By now the subs i list my not be in the order to what i list them. I list them based on woofer size and RMS

4. Wilson Audio dual 18

5. Velodyne HGS 18 1 18" 1250 watts RMS

6. Legacy Audio 1000 watts RMS dual 15" downward fireing. can hit 120db

7. My pick that i am getting Klipsch RSW 15 because the price i paid and the air movement 1000 watts RMS dual 15. The Difinitive Powerfield Supercube does 1500 RMS but is 1 10" which falls way down plus the price tells you its not a real player. Revel would be higher then klipsch RSW-15 if it had another 15" driver

8. Revel 1,000 wattt RMS 1 15"

9. Difinitive Powerfield Supercube does 1500 1 10" goes down to 15h

10 SVS top of the line sub would be last because of watts and driver size. If you got two SVS subs then i think they are at number 5!!! But its not far that two subs go head with one single sub unit. But I think they are better at very low HZ then Revel and Difinitive. If the drive size is better and the power it would go to number 4 or 5 somewhere in that spot. I paid $1200 new for my RSW-15, if i paid more i would get two top on line SVS. SVS is the best sub for the money, size, and does very good with 300 watts RMS at low Hz and has very highdb at those levels.

My list is base on specs only.. Money is not the question. Room size is not the question.

Any body that can do better then me Ask.. I would be glad to know other brands.cwm16.gif

------------------

Bose Suck..Period

Welcome to the Klipsch forum!

Choosing speakers, subwoofers, or any other piece of audio equipment is a very personal and difficult decision. It is solely a matter of opinion and taste. While all of those 5-digit (yes, some are only $1000-$2000) are great, most of us on this forum are more interested in the Velodyne, Definitive, JBL Pro, and Klipsch subwoofers because we can actually afford them and see them in our homes. I would love to have one of the Wilson Audio subs or something along those lines, but I never will unless my life gets REALLY interesting. I have a JBL Professional subwoofer with dual 15 woofers and I am as happy as a clam with it.

As you are new, tell us about your system and yourself. Some of us on this forum have actually met in real life due to the sense of community on this forum! I love this forum because it is the best way to get answers and to get help about different topics. Enjoy!

Some cat made a folded horn sub/woofer using concrete for the horn and about 15 drivers, I think.

It's in the basement, in fact, it is the Basement.

And the rest of the system is up on the top floor.

So saying 'Best in the world' for the subs listed,

may hold true for the market they are aimed at, but does not hold true for the super exotic systems that exist in this world.

Think about it.

The Whise and Krell are high end. And real exotic. These subs are one units. people come in the forum and brag about what they have.. I just made a list that stands for everyone. Their might be a Bill Gates in this forum. There might be people in this forum who might like to know where there sub stands with the rest of the subs on my list. I believe JBL pro subs dont count on my list. Since it is targeted at a different market.I really like to have someone tell me whats better then the Whise sub. I say i know a lot for 21 years old. And yes my system is not all that great. But i know good stuff when i see it.

My system

RCA 32" tv

KLF-30

KLF-C7

KSP-S6

Marantz SR-880

Marantz dual cassette SD-455

Marantz 101 Cd changer CC-870

RSW-15 on the way to my house

Dvd player- XBOX and PS2

going to have a 10.2 setup

------------------

Bose Suck..Period

I sure don't know what the best stuff is.

There WAS (can't find them) a company called OLS Research. They made a $1,000,000 speaker system. If I recall corrcetly, each channel had 24, 15" woofers, 48, 5" midranges, and 96, 1" tweeters. They weighed 2000 pounds each and were as big as all of the drivers needed to be for one baffle. Wow!

The biggest problem with speakers is if one company makes a speakers that costs X, then another company will make one that costs X+1 just to be more expensive. Wilson Audio seems to just make stuff expensive to sell it to people with too much money. My interest is in the stuff like the B&W 801's and the Klipsch Heritage line where they really try to make the best speakers at a semi-realistic price.

Youngklip, I know we are not answering the question, but I just don't know about all of the super-expensive stuff. If you want to do somthing nice, put a post on here with the links to the sites that have the big-dollar goodies that we all WISH we had in our living rooms. THANKS!!!

Kenratboy i know what you are talking about.. That is no sub its two left and right. I think it was Called Grand Master Reference The pic i saw was at www.audioreview.com. wilson audio does have its stuff over price Whise is the same way. Legacy Audio about 30% to 40% over price. Klipsch seems balance Krell is over price .You should see the whise sub at a trade show.. its about 4 feet tall and about 2.50 feet deep. it was very big.

------------------

Bose Suck..Period

Found some sool pics I will not start a fight with what is the best Left and right. But i will stand close to what i found here is a pic of wilson Its more a front left & Front right Towers then a Subwoofer LFE http://www.audioreview.com/GALPhoto_52010crx.aspx

I cant find anything bigger... The room is as big as my house. It has to be owned by a rich towel head

http://www.audioreview.com/GALPhoto_51907crx.aspx

Thats what i will get for 1 million

------------------

Bose Suck..Period

Welcome to the board Youngklip

Now face ...TheEAR...and fear me(NOT)

Your top ten subs is quite interesting but not accurate

here is THE top ten...

1.Whise Profounder 616A (yes the most powerful single cabinet sub,best sounding ???)

2.Krell MRS(the best and most powerful compact sub,yes it puts the HGS-18 six feet under and makes all other compact subs weak in comparison)

3.Aerial Acoustics/Lunare Tranquility Bass(two companies and same driver used,I have the Aerial so I can tell in all honesty its THE sub for under $10000 if quality is paramount)

4.JBL Ti-K Sub(tight,controlled,a beauty and has RAW power few posess.A definite contender)

5.SVS Ultra/SVS SS(heard/tested the Ultras and they are true audiophile bargains.BIG output and real 16Hz output)

6.Revel B15(power and quality,great EQ and can be adjusted like few..if any)

7.Velodyne HGS-18(a classic,power,quality and LOW LOW bass)

8.JBL Synthesis subs,18"(speed,slam and output.No real sub bass below 20Hz but so much power and quality is top notch)

9.Wilson WATCH DOG(single woofer a la Aerial sub with masterful construction,clean,deep and has plenty of slam.Very pricey,over the double of the Aerial! Frown.gif )

10.M&K 4000(great music sub,good for HT.clean and fast is what hits you a good audiophile buy)

The BIG Wilson is way overpriced and does not beat in a grand way my top ten.Definitive!?Who,Sunfire Signature beats the Def Tech cube to a bloody pulp.The Klipsch RSW15 bows down to any of the top ten.The BAG End,I would consider it if I could hear it at a show,not yet ready to put it in the top ten.

With subs its quality and OUTPUT near 20Hz that counts.

My dream sub,the Krell MRS(give me FOUR of these and I am happy,yes 4)

I did spend 40% of my audio green on the subs! And I dont regret a thing.Am I bass drunk,YES I am.And I am Canadian

TheEAR(s) Now theears

I heard a lot about you TheEar. You do know your bass.

My top Three I cant anything better and so far i will stand there and hold my ground. Starting from 4 to ten thats where a lot of wells, buts ifs, money you know.

I almost put Sunfire where difinitive is. But my home theater Buyers guide did not say RMS for Sunfire. And since it does 2700 watts peak or half that in RMS i would put it at 9 Since you own four of them. tell me the specs on those JBL's M&K I dont think they make a 15" driver that does 1000 RMS Only one i know is dual 12 400 rms And that fits in another Class which is the top 20 for other reasons. I am talking air movement and watts hiting the lowest was not really a factor. I guess i should come up with the best top ten subs that hit the lowest and price.

TheEar does your Sunfires ever come off the floor when you play load? And what are the full spec on those Aerials That bag End does some damage I dont see how those Aerials can hit 8hz Thats why i put it at number 3

------------------

Bose Suck..Period

I must get the 8 best subwoofers of the world. Collect them all kinda like pokimon But more money.

I may not get the two or three but I want 8 atleast.

3 up front

2 on the side walls

2 one each corner of the room

One right behind the couch

If there is a spot anything it will be a subwoofer

RSW-15 on the way velodyne or SVS are next Must get cinepro power amps and a 73" HDTV

------------------

Bose Suck..Period