King of the dance moves

Smooth Criminal video with the lean at 3:50 in. Note the clever use of distracting air raid siren, dancer entering stage right with pyro device while MJ and troupe move to far stage left to align with protruding stage pins. Lighing cue changes SNAP and there's your anti-gravity lean. Beautiful stage work.

looks like dance rehearsals for Wanna Be Starting Something- JC will dig the crazy synth bass that just rips through this track.

I have fond memories of this song from a year I lived in an apartment and all the girls would come around to our place and we'd dance dance dance to my McIntosh MC250 and Gollehon PA cabinets out on the patio. The night would usually end up with neighbor Wendy grabbing my lifeguard whistle and commanding 'everybody get IN the pool' to which we'd cavort our sweaty bods across the tennis courts and break in to the community pool.

I remember spotting Prince in the crowd during news coverage of MJ performing, many years ago. He was watching the moves closely, learning from the master.

Sort of like the time I saw Jimi Hendrix in the crowd at a Buddy Guy concert in an old clip.

lyrics from Unbreakable:

You can't believe it, you can't conceive it

And you can't touch me, ‘cause I'm untouchable

And I know you hate it, and you can't take it

You'll never break me, ;cause I'm unbreakable

Now
you can't stop me even though you think

That if you block me, you've done your thing

And when you bury me underneath all your pain

I'm steady laughin', while surfacing

Don't you ever make no mistake

Baby I've got what it takes

And there's no way you'll ever get to me

Why can't you see that you'll never ever hurt me

‘Cause I won't let it be, see I'm too much for you baby

MJ was an incredibly gifted artist and entertainer. It's too bad our culture throws such ridiculous amounts of money and adulation at people like him. This no doubt contributed mightily to his downfall and early demise. Who among us can say we would not succumb to the perils of wealth and fame if we were in his shoes?

Nobody owned the stage like MJ. Nobody.

I remember seeing him early in his career on American Bandstand and Soul Train, just amazing moves.

A year or two ago, Rev. Al Sharpton was on Saturday Night Live and did some dancing. It was amazing to see a big dude like him doing James Brown moves really well. He used to manage James Brown or was connected in some other way, so I guess he saw the master often enough to pick it up