Do we have a Luxman expert here.

oldenough

Need some advice as regards a Luxman amp. Seems when I posted here in regard to my Luxman L-580 some time ago one poster in particular seemed quite knowledgeable. Anyways...anyone know anything about luxman L-507s, can't find anything by googling except it was expensive.

Need some advice as regards a Luxman amp. Seems when I posted here in regard to my Luxman L-580 some time ago one poster in particular seemed quite knowledgeable. Anyways...anyone know anything about luxman L-507s, can't find anything by googling except it was expensive.

Oldenough,

Luxman info is tough to find if you don't speak Japanese.[:|] Lux referred to them as Mac Killers. I wouldn't say that, but would call them The Poor Mans Mac. Rule of thumb is to look for units made before Alpine took over in the late 70's. However, there are exceptions. There were a few very nice SS power amps built well into the 80's.

There is a Luxman Yahoo Group. Find it and join. That is the best source of info that I have found so far. Good luck.

Regards,

tc

Hello, Not an expert but a big fan of Luxman products. Excellent build quality and supper clean sounding. The silver faced units are the earlier and better gear. Cosmetically they are beautiful, simple and understated. IMO.

I have an L-5 that I bought new and have played almost daily since. However, I never knew just how good it could sound until I got my first pair of Klipsch speakers,(rf-25's)

Then I was truely impressed by how great it sounded when I added a set of Heresys.

And now I am just blown away with the sound and power since I aquired my first pair of forte II's.