Picture of my SVS woofers

eq_shadimar

LOL I figured that I couldn't name the "bastard children" bass shakers as it would upset all the "golden ears" out therecwm1.gif

Also no visits from the cops yet. I am very careful about the times of day when I crank it up and my neighbors actually like coming over to watch moviesSmile.gif

------------------

...wake up to find out that you are the eyes of the world...

My Home Theater Page

This message has been edited by eq_shadimar on 02-26-2002 at 02:35 PM

Great start? Even though he does not have as many subs as you theears, given his room size, any more subwoofers would just be way way way overkill. EQ that's a disgusting setup dude. I'm sure it sounds incredible. Theears, I'm still waiting for you to post a photo of your entire army of bass. I've seen your sunfires and RF's. How bout it dude? Post some pics for the little guys.

-UP

------------------

Liv Tyler as Arwen: "If you want him, come and claim him!" - Translation: "I am very hot."

When I get my digital cam,my Kodak DC25 passed a few hours after my pics taken of my R speakers. Frown.gif

I am waiting for a great deal on a 3 megapixel Minolta now.Pics will look much sharper and detailed.

When I get my new cam I'll post many many pics.

TheEAR(s) Now theears

Ears, I'd be willing to sell you a Minolta camera for real cheap if you promise you'll take pics of your rooms...

How about it? What model do you want? Wouldn't you rather go for the mother of the prosumer cameras, the Canon G2? If you want to save, maybe a Casio QV4000?? Or maybe a nice Olympus camera? I'll sell them at cost if i have to, I WANT TO SEE PICTURES!!

------------------

http://members.fortunecity.com/sebdavid - go laugh at my crappy website/equipment

http://www.dvdprofiler.com/mc.asp?alias=Sebdavid - go laugh at my puny little DVD collection

This message has been edited by Seb on 02-27-2002 at 04:35 PM

WOW, Seb! You make me want to be a Canadian instead of just enjoying the scenery. Wish I would have known of your talents before I bought that brace of Olympus E-20N SLR's... with all the accessories, lenses, etc. Oh, yea, but then I would have had to hold out for a photo.

Well, here's an E-20 photo on the house. It has been a good day! Any base suggestions about K-horn bass augmentation from our favorite Maple Leafers? cwm32.gif HornEd... and cwm17.gif his mom (Sorry, couldn't find a 94 year-old avatar!)

------------------

"LEADING 8 LEGENDS INTO THE 6.1 GENERATION!"

FOREGROUND SOUND STAGE:

KLF 30's: Left Main, Center Main, Right Main

KLF C7's: L & R Front Effects on 5' sand filled columns

BACKGROUND SOUND STAGE:

KLF 30's: Left Surround, Rear Effects, Right Surround

LARGE MOUTH BASS:

Twin SVS CS-Ultra SubTower, Samson Megawatt Amp

KLIPSCH SPEAKER SUPPORT SYSTEMS:

Bass friendly, oversized, glove-leather LazyBoy Recliners

Mitsubishi RPHD1080i 65", Yamaha RX-V3000 Receiver

Toshiba Pro Scan 6200, Toshiba Pro 6-head SVHS W808

in search of the Eternal Tweak!

2 or 5 CHANNEL MUSIC RESPITE ROOM

Walnut Klipschorn Mains, Belle Center, Cornwall Rears

Under construction. Tubular Research continues....

Klipsched Class "A" Motorhome: On the road testing

Nice picture!

I want a Canon G-2. I love Canon and the reviews are GREAT! Everyone from Consumer Reports (they sort of like Bose) to digital/film camera reviewers like it. It is an improvement on the G-1, so its very refined for a digcam.

Why doesn't someone build a Heritage-style speaker with JBL Pro bits? As much flak as I am going to take for this, I think the JBL Pro ($$$$$$) components are the best out of EVERYTHING.

Somewhat OT but since you guys started talking about digital photography my other addiction, I thought I'd point you to a forum where you can get a great deal of info if you're in the market for a digicam. The site is www.dpreview.com. I always learn new things from this site, just a suggestion. HornEd, I wouldn't feel bad about getting the Oly E20, you really can't go wrong with it. How are you enjoying it so far?

J Tanman... glad to find another digital photography enthusiast. As a retired Palewriter, I usually take my Klipsched motorhome for a photo safari about once a week. The motorhome gives me a solid base of operations whether by a mountain lake or the crashing surf... and makes the ordeal a lot more comfortable for my 94 year-old mom who ventures with me.

As you can see from the sound systems... I like to experiment... and, for what it's worth, was a pioneer developer in the early days before "desktop publishing" got its name. Although with a background in high-end publishing, digital photography seemed a bit thin performance-wise... it sure beat all the scanning loss and cumbersomeness of making filmed images fit into a digital computer.

My first digital (and first Olympus) camera was a "toy sized" C-3030Z (just out at the time) that was recommended over the Nikon equivalent by a friend and photo journalist. Putting prejudice aside and seeing what a person or a camera can do is an old habit with me. I was amazed at what could be accomplished... quality worth publishing.

So, I bought one of the first Olympus E-10's to hit the states to explore the digital world from an SLR (single lens reflex) perspective with a higher end piece of zooming glass. Of course, picking up just about every accessory (including all lens adapters) along the way.

The E-10 and E-20 are very much alike... and so I picked up an E-20 to share the accessories with the E-10 as primary back-up. The little C3030 does car duty waiting for those serendipity candid photo ops.

Both SLR's have the battery/grip option to provide the robust power that makes in-camera editing and long sessions a breeze. The E-20 has a one gigabyte IBM micro-drive in a CF format... a pro feature if I ever found one... fast as they come with room for 277 high end photos! Of course, there is also a 128 SM card to bring the capacity beyond 300 studio quality shots! And the 420mm long lens extension has proven to be more of an "up close and personal" winner than expected.

The flexibility of this tool in an upscale computerized environment with a wide format six-color Epson using archival paper and pigmented inks has been a fun learning trip... and provides a medium to create fully illustrated digital books of esoteric lore... that can be CDRW fed into a Heidelberg DI (Digital Imaging) press. It looks like if I can stay healthy enough, my printer friends have lured me back into the publishing business.

Whew, it's no wonder I need a Klipsch HT and Music breaks every day! Who knows, since Klipsch reached out and touched the amp market... can images be far behind? I hope I didn't offend the sound minded folks that wondered this deep... but being a Renaissance person is not easy to shake. cwm9.gif HornEd

This message has been edited by HornEd on 02-28-2002 at 11:06 AM

www.steves-digicams.com

www.dpreview.com

www.dcresource.com

my three favorite websites to drool over and learn about the cameras I sell...

TheEar, look, I won't go to cost, but tell me what price you consider a good deal, and by golly, I'll try to do whatever I can to reach it! I just want to see those pictures so much! Remember, though, the margins aren't even close to those in hifi, so 40% below retail is NOT an option! Smile.gif

HornEd, never tried that E20, looks good and feels pretty good from the brief encounter I had with it, but I didn't get to actually take pictures with it. It would be kind of a waste of time, sicne we don't see many people who are interested in it anyways! Definitely a very good "pro-style" camera, from what I can gather, though. Not the same league as the ones I suggested above!

Ears, contact me, unless you're afraid to show us those pictures... cwm4.gif

------------------

http://members.fortunecity.com/sebdavid - go laugh at my crappy website/equipment

http://www.dvdprofiler.com/mc.asp?alias=Sebdavid - go laugh at my puny little DVD collection

HornEd, not being as seasoned a veteran to this BB as others, I forgot that you have been a big imaging expert throughout life. Its true that digital photography might not yet be up to medium and large format photography, but it is very convenient and honestly I can't tell much of a difference up to 40x60 prints except that the digital image has no grain. I actually got to go to some of the PMA convention these past two years since its been in Orlando,FL. I'm constantly amazed at the new techonology. I'm already on my fourth digicam and wanting to upgrade yet again (told you--addictive, and I'm not a pro, just a hobbiest). It's great to go on photo safaris/outings since HiFi and HT are great recreation at home, photography is great recreation that gets you off the couch and observing the different visual aspects of the world.

Seb, those are also great digital imaging sites, although DPReview is my main one. Another good one for photojournalistic photograpy is www.robgalbraith.com. Sorry to divert from the HT/audio topics, but after all, the sole purpose of photography is to take beautiful pictures of HiFi equipment that does them justice, right? I'm also wanting to see more pics of The Ears many systems.

Wholly pixilated guano, Batman, I think J Tanman got the wrong idea of what was supposed to be a friendly reply. Some folks may have thought I was a "BIG" imaging expert years ago or I wouldn't have been asked to speak at so many events. But that was then... and this is now. Now, I'm just "OVERWEIGHT" but none-the-less sincere.

If my Clint Eastwood play on words ("PaleWriter") was thought to be a slam on your "Tanman"... then I would be condemning my tan wife and offspring as well. No foul intended... just trying to inject some good natured humor after not being able to be outdoors as much as I am accustomed to.

While digital photos do not have grain... they certainly have pixel limitations and color gamut challenges when printed. It would take a hellacious digital camera to not show traces of the digital process.

But, make no mistake, I am fully committed to digital photography and will gladly accept any compromise in quality to be part of this new generation... and that's what I was trying to establish in my reply to you. I just feel a little strange talking about it on a subwoofer thread and may have been so brief as to appear to have my nose out of joint.

I'm hear to learn and help when I can... it's that kind of Forum thanks to Klipsch. It even lets us old "has-beens" have a chance to rap with those whose turn it is to make the world happen. Seeing that you were into digital photography was a turn-on for me... do not let my faded talents as a wordsmith be a turn-off for you.

As for me, I am off to see how much bass is left on the new 5.1 release of the old Woodstock footage. I think I'll just turn the eight Legends to "LARGE" and let it rip! Ciao! HornEd

Seb,

You should have my e-mail.I do want a good digital cam,

if the deal is good its A ok with me.Afraid!? Of what??

Showing the superiority of my audio gear? Oh by the way my 5800 and Carver TFM-75 are sold! YESSSSSSSSSS

Now I can concentrate on the Sunfire 405W x 5 power amp and their pre/pro(this combo slaughters any reciever,its like using an axe on rabbits).

LOL

TheEAR(s) Now theears