Utility trailer experiences

I have my trailers equipped with run away protection, that's a small lead hooked to your truck with the safety chains, if the trailer ever gets away from the truck, it applies the brakes and stops it immediately, maybe save someone's life, not to mention your equipment (I think this is only available with electric brakes).

I recall when I worked for a spell building aluminum boat trailers, that the hydraulic systems had a smallish cable that was connected to the master cylinder, which was mounted on/near the tongue. If the hitch happens to come off the stinger/ball, the cable is short enough to pull on the master cylinder, applying the brakes to the rear axle/axles.

So I'm assuming that is run away protection for a hydraulic trailer brake system.

This was with a 34' tandem axle aluminum I beam trailer, for hauling safe boats. They made many sizes of boat trailers, metal and aluminum, with electric and hydraulic brakes.