Khorn demo in AZ?

Sky Hits

Hello all,

My good friend Joe is interested in swapping out the speakers in his 2 channel system (some pretty great dynaudios) for something new (to him.) Khorns are being considered as a possibility amongst others.

Joe and I used to work together at an A/V store in Michigan but Joe now lives in Tempe, AZ. Is there anyone with Khorns in the greater Phoenix area that would consider having my friend over for a listen? I can vouch for him and for his audio and music enthusiasm. ;)

Best,

Seth

I live in the greater Phoenix area and I do have Khorns and my name is also Joe. Unfortunately, the house we just bought does not have the proper place to place them so they are just sitting there. [:(]

I plan to rectify that eventually but it's probably going to be a while before that happens.

Would Joe be interested in a project?

I have a pair of Speakerlab bass bins, JBL mids (2470) and tweets (2404) that just need a mid horn and crossover, all located in Las Vegas. Not too far to transport and it will be a good deal. I cut out some new mahogony for the front of the bass bin and can build the crossover so the midrange horn is the only item needed. I suggest a Tractrix horn. I'll sell all for $1000 if he wants it.

Hi twK. Yes, as a matter of fact Joe is a DIY guy. I will be pointing him to the thread as it goes along so I'll make sure he sees your offer. Probably he will still be interested in hearing a pair of Khorns first as I don't believe he has yet. And I know he is thinking of other possibilities as well. Thanks for posting your offer.

JMON,

I'd be willing to help you do some temp backs or false corners if you want. The 60th and the Jubes have pretty well made it clear this is a do-able deal. I still have a good table saw.

I'm in the NW valley near Arrowhead, let me know if you're interested.

Hi Tom,

Yes, Joe has extensive listening experience. In fact, we've done plenty of critical listening together. Also, his listening room is not ab ideal room corner-wise as well; Your setup may be a very good match for him. If you have time/inclination, Joe is knowledgable and will be gracious, I assure you.

Thanks, Seth

Tom:

That's a very generous offer you made -- Thanks a bunch. However, not only do I not have good corners, I just don't have a place to put them even if they had false corners. I've thought about putting them in a spare bedroom on a temporary basis so I could still listen to them, but even that would not be ideal as the room is on the small side and would still have to wait a bit -- we're still working on getting unpacked and settled in. Eventually, the plan is to build a special room where I'll be able to put them in a perfect setting, but until that time I'll probably have to listen to different speakers, which really isn't a problem as I have plenty others laying around.

Thanks again!