Upgrading

randog

RANDOG HERE. THANX FOR THE INPUT SO FAR. gonna upgrade my rf3s , my ss1s, sc1 and ksw12. dont care about cost any more. whatcan i get in the klipsch line to rip the siding off neighbors house. yamaha rxv 800. right now ,wid a cheap toshiba2109 dvd player. 36 toshiba t.v. watt reciever would also complement the heart of my future investment.thanx for your input. p.s movies and importantly audio discs, ozzy, alice n chains ,fleetwood , and a little phil collins so far to the collection.......

yea tom, i'd really recommend r-dog just duplicate your sys. Wink.gif but for the fun:

for speaks imo the ultimate & my dream sys would be khorn fronts, belle center & 3 or 4 cornwalls in the rear i think w/ (depending on your bass tastes) 4 velo hgs-18 or 4 new svs SS passive subs w/ those big ole 1000W crown amps.

then throw in a lexicon mc-12 pre/pro w/ a big ole 7X200W channel power amp from them, mac, etc. (i don't have enogh experience in the ultra high end here).

course for the legend series you'll have to shop on the used market. or for new the auto answer if the rf-7 w/

it's supporting cast.

------------------

My Home Systems Page

tom, do you agree on the above speaks for the ultimate sys?

r-dog, seriously i think that krell sub is way 2many bucks for what u get w/ just one sub. actually i,ve never heard one but here they do rock to say the least.

another factor is your room & size. 2-4 four great subs will give you enough bass imho. & u should be able to keep it under $10k like w/ the above. then $10-15k for the speaks & 10-15 for the new source components.

forgot aragon (since this is their site too). there new stage one pre/pro sounds real nice & should be buyable new for around 3.5k. then their new 7 channel amp for around the same. might be a good choice.

i mean, you're not planning on still using your yammy & dvdp w/ this high buck sys are you? nothing against yammy but...cwm4.gif

------------------

My Home Systems Page

tom, like the dvdp but i was thinkin more along the lines of the mx132 pre/pro connected to the 7205 amp (one wire connection for 5 channels - like that). Smile.gifhttp://www.perpetualmarketingonline.com/mc-hm-t2.htm

then just add those mac monoblocks for the 6th or 7th channels. ahhh, wish i had the dough.

like my b&k set-up for a smooth sound w/ klipsch. but b&k isn't expensive enough. cwm4.gif

------------------

My Home Systems Page

Boa-

O.K. I missed the part about him wanting an HT setup. I should have caught that with the speakers he already has (duhhh). For the dvdp maybe he can wait a little while till Mac comes out with the MVP842(?) that'll play CD-R and maybe CD/RWs. Audio Classics told me it should be out this summer.

Not sure if he said he wanted a vinyl rig also. That could be equally fun. So far we've got about $23,000 in front end alone.

------------------

Tom's Money Pit