Sunfire Signature

Q-Man

Some of you know that when Mike came over for a Klipschorn demo, we blew up my Signature sub.

I first called the dealer, they told me to bring it into them for repair. It was there for a week and still sitting in the same place where they told me to put it.

I called Sunfire, they told me to go pick it up and send it to them. Sunfire said that no dealer can repair them and that they didn't understand what the dealer was up to.

It's four years old and out of warranty. Sunfire said that they service them for a flat rate of $165.00. They will fix anything that is wrong and make any updates that are necessary to match the current model. This price also includes shipping .

Not a bad deal, is it?

And another thing, Sunfire won't keep it any longer then two days.

I just thought that I would past along this information.

Q.

------------------

Q-Man

This message has been edited by Q-Man on 02-26-2002 at 07:48 PM

Q-man,

Boa brought up a couple of good points, what kind of warranty do you get? I would hope the price includes return shipping at least.

I have a True Sub I would like to get upgraded to MKII status.

------------------

This message has been edited by edster00 on 02-26-2002 at 08:21 PM

GREAT DEAL

Bob Carver is the man,what great news.I say way to go Bob.

Damn I have the Sunfire Signature,Mark II,Junior and the Carver Knight Shadow! YES as many know ALL his sub human cubes of power,the original high output cubes copied time and again.

Q-Man you were very unlucky with your Sig. ,my Signature and Mark II were tortured for years and they never showed any sign of D.O.O.M.(dying out on me)

Smile.gif

The Signature is quite a piece,two of these small cubes

will whoop my HGS18 at 30Hz in my room!DAMN two 12" cubes!Now that is output.

Sunfire and Carver(Bob Carver)will soon release new subs with some nice outboard EQ's I heard!I will get these as well!

Oh yes to ALL Sunfire/Carver(and microsub) sub owners

each year you should use Mink Oil to treat the sourrounds on your drivers.With time the sourrounds dry up and will crack,when treated the drivers keep their optimal flexibility and will last many years with zero problems.

All my sub driver sourrounds(I mean all)were treated with mink oil.So far ZERO problems,all look like new,even better.

TheEAR(s) Now theears

Ear,

Good point regarding treating speakers for lubrication/dryness. What would be a recommended procedure in general? I live in Florida, where sometimes the air is dry and it's usually warmer.

Thanks in advance!

CT

------------------

=====================================

You can tune a radio, but you can't tuna fish!

=====================================

If the speaker driver uses compressed foam like the Sunfire subs(JL Audio W7 also use this sourround)Mink Oil is both inexpensive and a great choice.

If your speakers have rubber sourrounds I would look for car care products for rubber.A few peeps I know used car rubber treatment on sourrounds.

I would double check this first.

TheEAR(s) Now theears

toussi1,

Mink Oil can be purchased in any shoe store(its made to treat leather shoes after all).

Yes the Earthquake uses very similar sourround to the one used by Sunfire and JL Audio W7 woofers.I am sure no harm can be done.

When you apply use your hands(LOL no jokes),before just wash your hands(burger and fries grease is not best you know).Apply a thin but generous coat on the whole sourround.Dont worry it will not damage the sourround just make it much less prone to breaking in the long run.

Send Earthquake an e-mail and hear what they say about this.Tell them Bob Carver and TheEAR sent ya. Smile.gif

TheEAR(s) Now theears

I never even asked Sunfire what the warranty would be. I guess I was to interested in what they were going to do. I shipped it today, when I get it back I'll let you know about the warranty.

Now I have to go buy some mink oil and show the sub how much I love it when it returns.

Q.

------------------

Q-Man

Q-Man,

WIth minimum care the Sunfire Signature is a very durable sub,even with its extreme throw cones.

I apply one thin coat of mink oil each year.Treated the Velodyne,Revel and Aerial with the same mink oil,not as great,as the rubber like sourrounds prefer rubber treatment.Still works

Even my lowly KSW12 and 15 are treated with mink oil,as Bob says JUST ADD MINK OIL and stir.

toussi1,

Dont have the time to do a page now,most of the time I work a good 60 hours/week.I like to read posts on this board and help if I can Klipsck BB members.A personal page takes work and time.

Yes I could have a small page dedicated to audio and all things subs.Perhaps later

I tested over 60 subs,from cheapies to big bastard tank like monsters.Its fun,even some store owners wonder if I am insane or just.. lost the main screw in my cranium.They asked me if I would buy a sub for the toilet! I said when I have trouble to crap out. LOL

TheEAR(s) Now theears

I got my Signsture back today.

Sunfire shipped it back in new boxes and used 3 day air from Washington to Florida. This surprised me, because they said they would ship it ground. I shipped it to them 3 day air , so I think they extended me that courtesy.

They told me it was the 97th. one made, so they did update it. They replaced the active dirver, which I blew. They put in some kind of anti clipping circut, two new resistors, a diode and a couple items I can't read.

They also sent me a new manual, much more informative then the original one. It recomends the mink oil treatment that The EAR mentioned.

My sons are giving it a work out right now, so I think I'll go join them.

Later, Q.

------------------

Q-Man

This message has been edited by Q-Man on 03-07-2002 at 08:09 PM

When treated the sourrounds on the drivers will last for years with no major deterioration.All my Sunfire subs are in mint condition,as is all my gear. Smile.gif

Good to hear you have the sub back,its very rare a driver goes to R.I.P.

I dont count the times when I pushed the Sunfire subs to their max(the SPL was

cwm44.gif

)!

And none failed

TheEAR(s) Now theears