KGs...Ported or Passive???

ive wondered this myself as i started with passive radiators in my kg 5.2 then went to port with reference. I was told klipsch discontinued the passive design becuase of cost. Oh ive heard alot of different things, Id like to know what the experts have to say . For me its hard to call as they both sound good

Thanks Doc...I too prefer the Heritage series and have Quartets and Chorus IIs that I like very much...I was curious at the differences in the KGs as they should bejust about the same speaker but for the two different approaches to getting bass...but I agree on the Heritage being better at least to my ears...thanks,

Bill

the kgs with the tractrix loaded horns are great speakers though if set up right with the proper gear and settings. I finally got mine tuned in and they sound as good as anything ive heard, mainly speaking of the 5.5 s and 5.2's. Ive had both which are ported and PR. If the 5.5's had PR design instead of the port with the dual 10's i believe they would of been one of the best ever made

I think technically the passive is a port...not a sealed speaker like the Heresy...Bill

Hmm, that's news to me if that's the case. The Chorus I is ported, however with dual ports in front at the bottom. The Forte I uses a 12" rear passive radiator.

okay...this is where I get into trouble for repeating information that I don't know to be true...I was told that technically a passive is a port as well...i.e. not a sealed cabinet...I have Quartets and Chorus IIs so they would technically be ported with passives at the end...I was corrected on another Forum and took this to be true...perhaps I misunderstood then...

Bet that as it may...I was wondering the bass sound of these two types of speakers (I think I'm safe saying that [;)] )...thanks for the feedback guys...[8-|]

Bill