Professor Thump - Brickyard 400

BLSamuel

Professor Thump has escaped the dungeon, uh, engineering lab. Last spotted heading um somewhere around turn 3 towards turn 4 or 2 at the Indianapolis Motor Speedway.

Or maybe he was field testing the yet to be announced Klipsch Hearing protectors? Full high fidelity sound transmission, just comfortable enough they're tolerable and possibley even comfortable to use. Think Ety-plugs but comfortable? ( I think the patent application said something about hearing protectors).

Or maybe I'm just channeling a certain Volunteer with a strange fetish for small earlobes and a restraining order that he can be no closer than 500' from Marie Osmond and starting rumors.... again... [:P]

(Actually the good professor stopped by to say high and beg for discounts on ice cream.... while the ice cream boss (Jim, a very nice gentleman by the way) was there. I told him maybe he could trade some headpones for ice cream..... Silly me forgot my junior high and high school band directors, don't tell 'em the band candy bars are 50 cents, they're 2 for $1 and you'll likely sell 2 instead of 1 strategy. Or my favorite, the extra special 2 for the price of 3 deal. Get 'em while they last. [:D]

Now if I'd been thinking, I'd have offered to buy him and his son ice cream for some Klipsch headphones. [:D] I'm sure he wouldn't fall for that, but maybe a chance if he'd been in the sun a bit too long before leaving for the track? (EDIT: prior to IndyFest09 it was rumored that P Thump told Colter his pile 'o Klipsch put on top of other Klipsch put out too much bass.... remember, this is Professor T H U M P we're talkin' 'bout - we attribute it to way too long in the sun without proper skull protection - or maybe the onset of heat stroke, thankfully no ambulances were requried as Michael must have dragged him into Roadie's and rehydrated him).

p.s. P Thump. What kind of speakers do the have around the track? Sounded reasonable from outside the stand when the cannon went off... but a bit disappointing when I went to take a look at them, but in all fairness they were aimed up into the stands. I was on the top of the steps into the stands. I'd guess abou the size of 2 CA-6T or CA-8T stacked? Each cabinet had 2 port holes in the bottem. (The things I notice ... and have for years).

p.s.s. I hope you stayed for the whole race.... they tell me it was a very close exciting finish. I don't know whether to laugh or cry thinking about all the people who left early - within the last 20 laps.

Back to your regularly scheduled fourm....

I didn't think I was going to get a discount on anything at the Speedway but it was worth a try.

We had a great time at the races with my friends Eric and Greg. This is the first Nascar race I have seen. I went to the time trials last year and decided I had to see all the engine turn and hear them rumble. Music to my ears. X5's worked great for hearing protection as usual. With the addition of muffs the cars really sounded good.

post-20592-13819487986026_thumb.jpg