Length of speaker wire

Im1TooRU

I'm trying to get my 2 channel set up and am wondering if all of the speaker wires need to be the same length. If so would someone please explain why? I'd like to be able to offer a reasonable explanation to anyone wondering why I'm spending another hundred or more bucks on plain ol' speaker wire. I'm having to run a couple through the attic out to the eaves through to the outside and along the house before it comes back in through the wall and into the back of the speaker. Needless to say if they all have to be that long that is a lot of wire. They are also being run over kitchen light fixtures so require shielding. TIA for the expertise.

The basic rule in 2 Channel High End system is the Left and Right speakers should be the same lengths. The reason is the cable does create resistance. If the length is the same, you should have the same conditions on both channels.

Will you notice the difference if your cables are different lengths??? Probably not, unless you are running Khorns and have Class A amplifiers.

JM