Hovland Caps

Wrench722

I called Madisound the other day and tryed to order some Hovland caps and they said that they dont make them anymore. Does anybody know why? Well the guy at Matisound said that the Mundorf Superme cap is just as good. My question is if they dont make Hovland caps then what would be a replacement?

I'm surprised Hovlands are out of production, but there is still probably stock to be had. There are lots of options and opinions as far as replacements. Auricaps, Clarity Caps, Sonicaps, Mundorf, Dynamicaps, Theta, etc.....

I have a question...

Why do we need to use such expensive caps in a crossover ?

The signal level is pretty high, lots of amps and volts. While in the signal path before all this the manufacturer uses ordinary products.If the less expensive caps work with low level signals why would the smae price level work at the outputs ?

[pi]

There are four surfaces on my combination windows.

Cleaning one surface makes a small difference, when you get to the last one it can make a huge difference.

Of course just cleaning the one that is the worst (the one facing outdoors) can help quite a bit.

Going through my electronics and adding (even inexpensive) bypass caps to everything in the signal path makes a hugh difference in the sound. Having done this, then speaker crossover parts can be very audible,