TWEAKS TO IMPROVE SS AMPS. LOWER THD, IMPROVE S/N RATIO??

Fast1

Well I thought I would just start another thread for this topic since it warrants. I have the listed Rotel below. A rather solid amp at near 400wpc and 100 lbs but I still think thereis something I could do to improve the sonics of the amp. I notice theTHD rating is .03% from 20-20K which is not bad but I have to think that the S/N and THD are pretty important values for highly sensitive Klipsches. I was curious if anyone has done internal mods on SS amps or can recommend some reading or other forums on the subject? I think I could sure find it addictive since there are so many devices around me that are SS. My car amps always leave me wanting in the clarity and sonic department.

I heard years back of people modding elcheapo DVD players to compete with$1500 units by changing out the DACs, and such. Sure would like to learn more about these small tweaks and where parts are found for such mods. My typical Allied and Newark books probably don't cover audio components much.